My pygerian wethers

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by KMarlow, Mar 26, 2013.

1. KMarlow

KMarlow New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    In case you don't know a pygerian is a cross of pygmy and nigerian dwarf. We got our 2 when they were 5 weeks old. Their mom got very sick and her kids had to be pulled. Mom was pygmy, dad was Nigerian dwarf. They will be 2 years old in July this year.
    For the cuteness factor ;). This is them when we first got them.
    [​IMG]

This is BlackJack
    [​IMG]

Good profile shot of BlackJack's face
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An older shot from last summer
    [​IMG]

This is Bob
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An older shot from last summer
    [​IMG]

Both of them
    [​IMG]

From last summer
    [​IMG]

Love my boys but they are brats! ;)

We will be having our own home grown pygerian kids in a week and a half as well. Our pygmy doe has been bred to a nigerian dwarf buck.

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Very cute, love the Santa hats. They also look very well cared for.

3. StarMFarm

StarMFarm New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    East TN
    Very handsome boys!

4. Axykatt

Axykatt New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    What cute little faces!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice boys!! I have a few Pygerians myself! EXTREMELY hardy goats too :)

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  7. KMarlow

KMarlow New Member

Mar 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    My boys are definitely hardy. I check hooves every 3 months (sometimes longer if I forget) and have never had to do much with their hooves. They also have not been wormed but once we first got them. Bob did have a mite issue this winter and we treated with Ivermectin injectable then, but that actually only took 2 doses to get things cleared up.

They are total brats. :) In your face friendly and they were not bottle raised. They were dam raised till we got them. I tried bottles with them at that time but was only somewhat successful and it only lasted a week. Bob actually went to my DHs uncle who was battling cancer and wanted a companion. Bob got very spoilt by him and his family. When he passed on a few months later we got Bob back. DHs parents promised the uncle that Bob would never be sold so he has a lifetime with us.