My Pygora Does It All

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Darkhallows, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Darkhallows

Darkhallows Junior Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    Meet Indie.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She's my 9 month old Pygora doe. She's my baby. She's also the best goat I've ever had. Very sweet, very docile.
    As a baby, Indie lived in the house, and although she has since moved outside with the other goats, she still get to come in every now and then. She also gets to go in a local nursing home, where she is a therapy goat. The residents love her, and she loves all the attention she gets. It's great to be able to make people happy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She does more than visit the nursing home, though. She also loves to go hiking. She's a great hiking partner. I make her tote my stuff around in a pack if it's not too hot, which is awesome because I hate carrying things. She follows along right behind you, and seems to really enjoy it. Especially when there are things to climb.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also show her in 4H. She's done pretty well, and always gets called back for Best of Show, but they don't have a fiber category... so she shows with the meat goats. The judges never know anything about her. ("that's a breed?!" "I've never seen a fluffy goat"). We have fun anyway, though! And visitors are always in love with her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Clearly she's a pretty busy little goat! We both really enjoy it, though. She gets super excited when I open the car door, and jumps right in. I feel bad when I can't take her, lol! I don't think my college would appreciate me bringing a goat though...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed seeing pictures of my little girl! She's such an amazing pet, and I'm super lucky to have her.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. mayia97420

mayia97420 Member

Apr 22, 2014
    she is so cute and seems to have a sweet personality

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

4. Halkatla

Halkatla New Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Norway
    I've seen her on Tumblr I think. She's too adorable! I want one! :)
    How big do you think she'll end up?

(Btw, why are her horns blue on some of the pictures? :) )

5. Darkhallows

Dec 16, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    Thank you everybody!
    You may have seen her on Tumblr, I post a lot of pictures of her on my blog. If anyone's interested, the link is http://madthinks.tumblr.com/ It's so cool that you recognize her!
    I don't think she'll be getting a whole lot bigger. Right now she's about knee-height and 45 pounds. Her parents were similar in size. She'll probably grow a little bit, but not too much more.
    Her horns are painted (hooves too). They were blue for a while, because it didn't wear off. Right now they're orange for Halloween.

6. xymenah

xymenah Member with a bahhh

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    She's a cutie and looks like she enjoys being a busy body. I'm glad she can go to nursing homes and make their day. I'm sure some of the residents quite enjoy seeing her.

I wouldn't be painting her horns though. They are not like finger nails they breath and help keep her cool when it's hot. Her hooves would be fine though.

7. COgoatLover25

COgoatLover25 Active Member

Dec 23, 2013
    What an adorable little goat!

8. Darkhallows

Dec 16, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm always really careful with her horns. Her vet said it would be fine, as long as I don't paint them when it's really hot. Considering its November, I don't think I have to worry about her over heating.

9. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

She is so sweet :) You are fortunate to have her.

10. kpolenz

kpolenz New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    You have taken some good photos, is it some thing you will be doing in collage? Great looking goat, it's a breed I will be getting.
    I like the paper background on your tumblr.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  11. Darkhallows

Dec 16, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    Thanks! :D
    I'm a Biology major. Photography is just something I do for fun.

12. Darkhallows

Dec 16, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    [​IMG]
    Won the county calendar contest. :D