My reservation was born!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by kelebek, Mar 31, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a reservation on a Nubian doeling - was wating a tan and splash colored, but this little one was born. Now she has 2 more to kid - but I have to make a decision on this one by Saturday, even if the others don't kid.

She is cute - but not "exactly" what I wanted - but would like to have another milker next year ----- what do you all think? She said that she might also have a yearling for sale - which I might do instead so i can breed in fall - I don't know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont like the ears :shrug:

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Hmm thats tough- shes awful cute, but if shes not what you wanted....do you like the looks of the yearling?
    Maybe you could buy the yearling if a kid you like isnt born?

I dont know if I would pass her up and wait for the others to kid- they may not be exactly what you want and what if there isnt an available girl :shocked:

I like the looks of the doeling- one thing that strikes me are her ears though- they are long, but not really bell shaped?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    if you are unhappy with the kid ...don't get her......the yearling sounds like it may be... a better deal...it is all up to you though........ :wink:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She is way cute!! Like a couple other people said, her ears are the only thing I don't like. But if you're just looking mainly for a milker then why not. I don't know, it would be hard to pass her up with that flippin adorable face! :love:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I don't really care for her body. Nice long neck but it doesn't seem to match her body. . . Her ears do look kind of odd as well but I don't know Nubian conformation. :shrug:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I decided to not get this little doeling and either hope that what I want is born, but I am also inquiring about the yearling - I will keep you all posted.

It is not that she doesn't have the genetics to back her - because man does she ever - but she just doesn't seem to strike my fancy like I would prefer.

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Hmm, its a tough one. For me I prefer buying older does because they are in production quicker. But if she had the genetics ... then i probably would have gone with her. The colour could easily darken up a bit ... and she's awfully pretty.

How bout, since you dont want her, you slap an airmail stamp on her butt and post her to me :greengrin:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Keep a look out for Air Mail with those ears - LOL!

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

She has nice long ears, but like others said not very bell shaped. She is a little short bodied for how leggy she is. She looks to be loose at the elbow. ANd her rump a little short.
    What does the yearling look like?
    beth

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Call me strange but i adore her ears. I just like big ears.

I think you make the right choice though, if she does not strike your fancy then don't get her. There so so many "goat in the sea" so to speak get what you like!

12. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    She's a nice doeling!