My reserved Alpine buckling was born !

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by MiddleRiver, Mar 12, 2009.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    It's been a while since i've been here ... just been so busy. I'm super excited to say though that my new buckling was born !!! I'm so excited to add him to my herd, between him and my French 2008 buck, i should have some very nice kids in 2010 ! I'm hopefully getting a doeling from this same herd, but either way i'm so excited to be getting him. His dam is also a 93 EEEE doe, with quite the records. His sire needs no intro in the Alpine world either. What do you all think ?

We are going to go get him ourselves - which is nice, we will get to meet other goat people and have a mini vacation. We leave our farm about 3-4pm on 3/20/09. Anybody need a ride for a kid/puppy/???? If we get enough adults ( need at least 4 to bring the trailer ) we could also give adults a ride - we aren't charging much, just a little to help with gas :+) We are going from Superior, WI to Fairfield, ID - on the way back we are also already stopping in Butte, MT to pick up a couple tag-alongs :+)

Sire - Tempo Aquila Freelance
    Dam - Pearl Valley Jayhawk Aroura

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    his over all appearance is beautiful. Congrats!!!

Be sure to post in the Transport Terminal about your trip and willingness to help others with transport. :hi5:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    How exciting! He sure is a handsome little guy! :)

5. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Thanks you guys... i'm really happy he was born.

Stacy - i did just post and ad there, i hope i can help others like i was helped last year :+)

6. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    He's very handsome. :love: I love the ears.

We have an Alpine doe due the end of April and it was exciting to see pics of an Alpine kid.

I hope ours are as beautiful as your new boy. :thumbup:

Anna

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Chrystina he is absolutly stunning! Awsome breed charecter...great length and width. I would use him in my herd for sure! and so alert! Definatly a true alpine right there. I think he will compliment your GT daughters very nicely.
    beth

8. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Beth, thats exactly what his breeder said :+) It's good to hear it from somebody else too. I'll have doelings from him for sale someday :wink: I also have two very nice waiilatpu yearlings to try him on next year, as well as my GT girls :+)

Anna, i'll try to post some more of my Alpine kids :+)

9. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Thanks, Chrystina, (hope I have your name right). I'd love to see some of your kids.

Our Alpine is actually one of my daughter's FFA goats. My daughter also has an Ober doe with a 6 1/2 week-old buckling.

Nadine, the Alpine, lives at the school farm. She's a real character; smart, curious and a bit of a princess, too. She'll be 3 on the 22nd of this month and is a FF. She's bred to another registered Alpine from the farm where she was born. There are pics of them both in my post here on TGS:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6669

Anna

10. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Congrats!!!! He's absoloutly gorgeous. :love: And what a pedigree! I think you have a winner.... :thumb:

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.