The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Megan emailed me this afternoon and let me know that my Lakeshore Farms kids were born!! I'm SO excited, and I got just what I wanted!! They both had triplets, 2 bucks and 1 doe.

The buck kid is out of SGCH Lakeshore Farms Hearts Extasia 1*M, you can see her here http://www.lakeshorefarms.com/extasia.htm

The doe kid is from Lakeshore Ace Shakira 2*M http://www.lakeshorefarms.com/shakira.htm

Let me know what you think! Oh, and hopefully they are going to be shipped in on April 12 or 19th. Now just to pay for them..... :roll:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Re: My reserved kids were born....so excited!!

OMG!!!! You told me you had kids reserved, BUT you didn't tell me they were from LAKESHORE!!!!!! OMG! CONGRATS! That is soooooo exciting! Extasia is beautiful! And so is Shakira! Oh my! Why did you leave out that little detail????

:leap: :clap: :leap: :clap: :stars: :stars:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Dover Farms said:
OMG!!!! You told me you had kids reserved, BUT you didn't tell me they were from LAKESHORE!!!!!! OMG! CONGRATS! That is soooooo exciting! Extasia is beautiful! And so is Shakira! Oh my! Why did you leave out that little detail????

:leap: :clap: :leap: :clap: :stars: :stars:
Lol, because I wanted to wait till they were born and make sure I got what I reserved!! :lol: Thanks!! I'm really excited about getting these nice lines into my herd, AND showing them!!
:leap: :leap:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

I really like your buckling's dam! Way to go!!! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks! I wish I had pictures of them...maybe she'll send me some.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: My reserved kids were born....so excited!! **Pics Added!**

Megan sent me pictures today!! They are just downright adorable!! :love:

First is Shakira's doe kid

And Extasia's bucklings, she had two so I have pictures of both of them. Which one do you like best?

Here's the second one...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Oh they are so cute! Shakira's doeling is so adorable!

It's hard to tell with those pics...but I think I would go with Buck 2. Although he is standing better in that pic than Buck 1 is in both of his pics. Buck 2 looks a bit longer. I'm not sure...those are aren't the best when looking at conformation. Ask Megan....

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks Jacque! I was thinking buck 2 as well, I'll ask Megan which one she thinks is best.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

buck number two for sure, he is longer and taller has a longer neck and a more level topline. and he looks like he has less control of his ears then number one.
beth

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Yeah Beth....I was thinking the same about the ears.

Let me tell you I have two genetic half siblings, Flicka and Cass, to the Extasia bucklings. Sin and Heat are brothers from a set of quads. Sin is not an "ear" buck...and what I mean by that is that he doesn't throw very long ears. And from the looks of Extasia's bucklings ears....Heat isn't an "ear" buck either.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks for the imput. From the pictures I definitely like buckling #2 best. I just emailed Megan to see what she thinks.

Also she said I could come up with some possible names too. Here's what she likes to do with the names.

"When naming the kids, we generally like to name them with the first letter of the mother's name or if we get creative enough and have a themed name that follows suit of either the sire or dam, we use that too. Since Extasia's kids are sired by Summer Heat, the initials that we use before their names are "SH" and for Shakira's doeling we would use "PS" to symbolize Perfect Storm. However...we are always open to suggestions. :)"

So we need an "S" name for Shakira's doeling and a "E" name for the buckling. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Hey that's a good one Chelsey! Might have to mention that one to her. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts