The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...more of a sickly half crow. But a crow!

I raised this roo from a teeny little chick who hatched in March, and he never would crow. I figured I just had a dysfunctional rooster, though people reassured me some just take longer to get going. While, of course, theirs were crowing at 6 weeks!

:?

So I was outside, and heard this HORRIBLE noise from the pens! I was like, "Oh my god, who's dieing??" and ran over to go see and...

:shocked:

He's crowing! Well he'd make it about half way through and sort of peter off...but I was so pleased.

:stars:

And yes, I am crazy! :greengrin:

Here he is (His name is Dinner...cause we originally weren't going to keep him, but the other roo died so he lucked out!) with his favorite girl. He's a Rhode Island Red, she is a Barred Rock.

·
Registered
326 Posts
he is very handsome, we had some chicks hatch out too this spring no crowing yet gosh they got to be about 3 - 4 months old guess no roosters for me in that batch, I was worried I would get all roosters

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I'm not much of a chicken person, but I did have a rooster once! It took him F...O...R...E...V...E...R to crow, but he finally did one day and wouldn't stop! I ended up not really liking him cause he would attack your leg and it scared me pretty good :roll: :slapfloor: Anywho, the neighbors dog ate him! I didn't really feel to bad, he deserved it! He probably tried attacking the dog before it ate him :roll:

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a rooster when I was young that was mean like that!

We ate him. :wink:

This one is very well behaved, thank goodness. He grumbles and growls at me if I catch one of his girls, but he knows I'm boss here!

I just love chickens. :love:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts