My Saanen doe is bagging up .....

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by MiddleRiver, Jan 2, 2008.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    so i am offically waiting ! She has a tiny handful down there, i just can't wait for kids :+) I wish she was bred to my Alpine buck before he passed, but it appears she was already bred when i bought her - so she is bred to a Nubian.

After Carmen Gretta will be kidding ( Feb 18th ), she is bigger then Carmen who looks like twins ( both are going to be FFs ), i'm hopeing for Twin doelings from Gretta as they will be sired by my late buck. Then two more does to go, one in march and one in April.

So i can't wait to see this snubian kid(s) :+) I can't get kids off my brain !!! If anybody is interested in Carmen's kid(s) let me know, i won't be keeping them.

Hubby will be on kid watch while i'm at work, i know he is nervious after Daisy freaked him out last year ( by the book kidding, but she was VERY dramatic ! ), but he has foaled horses and saw Daisy kid, so he has this i'm sure :+) I just hope the weather is good when she goes.

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    How exciting!!! I have a few of my Nigerians getting bags now. I can't wait either!!! Its so cold right now here, I sure hope we get a heat wave when they kid. Brrrr...

3. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    I sure am keeping my fingers crossed the weather will be decent here - i'll keep them crossed for you too :+) Oh why can't she just have them this week - it's supposed to be 30-40 degrees this week, which will feel like summer after some -20 temps - but my luck it will be cold out.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have one doe that is really bagged up, and she is not due for a about a month. the ones that are due soon are not bagged up hardly at all. But then again they like to blow up over night and then they pop them babies out.

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

OOOOh! Baby snubians~
    beth

6. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Awww they are going to be adorable!! And have the cutest airplane ears.. I have a thing for airplane ears..... Fern wants to say hello with hers: :D

[​IMG]

7. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Awwww Fern is soooooo cute !!!

My first goat is also a snubian - Capri - silly girl. I bought Carmen though as i really like her and thought i could make 50% Alpines with her - Capri is just never going anywhere because she is so special :+) But Carmen's kids will be sold - no matter how cute - thats what i keep saying anyways :+)

Here is a pic of Carmen before i bought her, and a pic of Capri. I just can't wait for kids !!!

Oh, and i have to say, though Alpines are my favorite breed, Saanens i love as well - these two girls are the sweetest !!! My Alpines like to be loved on, but usually don't love on you back - the Saanen girls - total lovers - they nuzzle and coo back on you - more laid back too - just lovers :+) Are all Saanens like this ? Shoot when i found Capri in with GT she was rubbing on him even ! Ick

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sounds exciting!! Good luck with kids! :D

9. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    StaceyRoop - i tried attaching them at the bottom of my post.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I will let support know it isn't working

11. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    My posts also keep duplicating as well - it posts two instead of one ???

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats ok, the board was having issues today. Try the attachment again now that things seem to back to normal again.

If not use the "add image to post" button right at the bottom of the message field box that is another good way to add pictures to the forum.

13. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Ok, i'm trying this again - thanks Stacey :+)

If it works you will see Carmen ( my due soon Saanen doe ) before i bought her, and Capri my snubian doe also my littlest girl and first goat - possibly bred to GT for March 30.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    It has done that to me all this time so I just hit the back key and resubmit it and sometimes it takes right away others it takes a few attempts.
    How is she doing? Do you have any babies yet? I am on big time baby watch. I thought for sure I would have babies last night. I had the baby monitor on and ready wit hall the stuff at the door, but NOPE no babies. I guess they are waiting until my daughter comes home, so I am not doing it all by myself. (I don't know why I do it all the time by myself :lol:)

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did you get a link for the picture before you submitted the message?

sounds like it is a freeforums issue, it will be resolved soon I am sure

try using photobucket to host your picture until things on the board sort themselves out

16. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Ok, trying again today :?

17. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Hey, now it worked in EVERY post i tried - weird

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah that is because the servers are now talking to one another again :D

If you don't mind I will just go back in and delete the other posts with all the extra photos.

19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I love her ears :) She's very pretty.

20. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    That would be great Stacey - Thanks !

goathappy-We really love Capri's ears too - she is so expressive with them too - when our boxer and her play she folds them behind her head - it's too cute !