The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11 years old this past March. My herd founder and of all of them, my girl. Tonight I have a hole in my heart big enough for the rest of them to pass through. At feeding time I usually let them all out of the pasture to browse the trees on the rest of the property while I clean the loafing area and fill the waterers. Tonight none of them would leave. I went out and sat on her grave and each of them in her turn approached and nuzzled me. I felt her with us in the evening breeze and I cried for about the tenth time today.

I posted part of this as a rough draft some time ago. I finished it after burying her today.

http://www.verdevalleywines.net/2013/08/morning-chores-went-out-side-door-that.html

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
Im sorry for your loss...:(

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I am so sorry. Samantha will live forever in your heart and soul. I like to think that one day you and she will be reunited in a place that knows no illness, no pain, no sadness - only joy and love.

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
I'm so terribly sorry. Your tribute to her is lovely, and it brought me to tears.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
i'm really sorry for your loss. i'm too wimpy to read your tribute to her while at my desk (bawling over my laptop at my desk is just really awkward....).

:hug:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Praying for your heart to heal in God's good time...and for those tears to turn to quiet smiles as you remember your dear Samantha.

Your tribute to her was very touching and I pictured your girls as they came to comfort you and say goodbye to their friend.

I'm crying with you.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
I am sobbing and I give my best wishes to you and your Samantha's soul.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Your tribute was touching and sad. Just remember all the good times you had together..

·
Registered
367 Posts
I also feel your heartache as I lost my sweetest boy Jax just a month ago... He was 13 and the sweetest soul I ever have known . The hard part is the other goats still look for him and seem as heart broken as I ...gone but never forgotten I keep telling myself. SO SORRY for your loss

1 - 20 of 23 Posts