My sister-in-law is SO CREATIVE! Feed Sack bag auction!

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by Bellafire Farm, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    My sister -in-law is just so darn creative!!
    She made up some of these feed sack grocery/utility bags for fun, and she's really getting addicted to making them... they are SO CUTE! And they're really sturdy and fun!
    She's got two for sale here: http://www.cometothefarm.com/cgi-bin/au ... tname=catd

Here's some pics that she sent me (the Red Cardinal Bird Chow one is my FAV, it's SO GORGEOUS!!) :

Attached Files:

2. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Oh!! those are great!!!! Too Cute! and what a great way to recycle the bags! I have the name (email) of a shop here in WA that sells stuff for NW artists.. (I sell my stuff through them) I bet they would love her bags. let me know if she would like to make the connection? (of course there are fees involved.. I hate that part) She'll do well with those!

3. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Those are SOOO cute!!! A big :thumb: to your sister-in-law!!!

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Wow those are great!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How cool .......great work..... :hi5: :thumb:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a creative way to use something that would either be thrown away or stored away :thumbup:

And....it's advertising for the companies that make the feeds!
    Great job!

7. thats awesome!!!

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
  9. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    Sooo cool! I want one!

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    If she wants them, I have plenty free BoerGoatDeveloper sacks.

11. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Not sure if those one's would work... it has to be this special woven plastic that has a "coating" kindof stuff over it. Purina livestock bags are some of the only one's we've found that work. My alfalfa pellets come in a white plastic woven bag but it doesn't have the coating stuff on it so it won't work. Can you maybe send a pic of one of the bags and maybe she can see if it's the right kind?
    I'm getting up the nerve to make one myself. I have a fancy brand new sewing machine (my gift 3 yrs ago) that I have not even used at all yet... seems like I should give it a try. :) Especially with all this extra time between kiddings, breedings, 4H meetings, Livestock clinics, daughters dance class & horse lessons, son's soccer practice & baseball camp, etc etc etc..... :roll: