My Son is Home!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Tog Lovers, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    :cool: And I'm really excited. :greengrin: :clap: He joined the National Guard and was in Arkansas for some schooling. He leaves again for Basic Training in September. But for now he is home!!!! This whole idea of flying just makes me a nervous wreck. I don't think I breathed all day till his plane touched down. Now maybe it won't be so quiet around here!

2. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    CONGRATS!!!! I would personally like to thank him for being in the National Guard and for helping our country.
    YOU GUYS ROCK MY SOCKS! :clap: :balloons: :thumb:

CJ

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Dorothy, I so knowhow you feel. My son leaves July 8th for basic. He joined the Air Force. Hope you have lots of good times while he is home.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Tell you son(you too Lori!) Thank you for their service to this great country!! :stars: :applaud:

5. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Lori, I hope you are handleing it better than I am. It can be such a rollercoaster sometimes. I'm sooo PROUD of him yet at the same time he's only 18 and he is my baby. It is hard to picture him grown up enough to go to war. I thought that coming from a family that has always had someone in the military would have made it easier. My brother is in Iraq now and is actually arranging for his guys to come home soon.

Joining the service has changed my son alot in just a short amount of time. He was a troubled teen and for the longest time he hardly ever held his head up or even looked anyone in the eye. The past several months he has been drilling with a local unit and I had already noticed some changes. Little things like thinking things thru and being more appreciative. Last night when he got off that plane it was like I got a completely new son. He was so confident and for the first time in a very long time was proud of who he is. Walked tall, head up, very aware of surroundings and in a very leading manor. Talked non-stop about all his options and what he is going to do. And they say Basic Training will change him more. My goodness I'm going to have to get to know this son of mine all over again.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's great that your boy is home and I hope you get to spend some quality time with him before he has to leave again. It sounds as though joining the Guard has made some big changes with him that I hope affects him in a positive way. God Bless him and your family for the rest of his career serving our great country, I am proud to "know" another soldier. :flag:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Dorothy, well my son is 21, but it is not a lot easier. I do know how you feel and i am having a hard time with it, but like you said it does change them and I am so hoping for that. My son just does not know what he wants to do and with the economy the way it is I do believe it is best, but hard. I guess the best thing about all this is he will get rid of his worthless lazy girlfriend. I tried so very hard to like her (for him). They were engaged at one time and thank you LORD he broke it off, and they got back together a few months ago. He said she changed, ok I will try. NOPE she changed for the first time we saw her again then she went right back to her old self and she is so disrespectful that I can not stand it. (sorry I needed to vent). Anyway so he will be leaving, going to Texas for basic and then to tech school for like 6 months. He will be working on the jets and doing the mechanics on them. I just hope I see a new MAN when he is done and I really hope they knock him down a few levels. I know that sounds really mean but it is really what he needs.
    Give your son lots of love and enjoy the time with him. I will say YES the Military is great for a attitude change.