My soon to be ponies

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Epona142, May 4, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    It's been eight or so years, if not a bit longer, since I've owned an equine. My last horse was a very mean, crotchety mare named Starburst. She was a registered Arabian, and when the boarding stable I worked at shut down, no one wanted her, not even her owner. So guess who took her home?

That mare was mean, old, and grouchy, but boy I loved her. Sadly, I only had her a few months before she went down with colic and had to be put to sleep. The result of barely substandard care for years and years...it wasn't the best boarding stable around.

So fast forward eight years later, after many trails and tribulations, I own my own property. I'm stable. I have the time and resources to begin again.

After just poking around a little...I found my little dream pony. A Welsh mare, about seven years old.

Thanks to an amazing person who contacted me through Horse City, I will be bringing her home Saturday. (I needed someone to haul her as we are not buying a bigger truck until this month or next.)

But I won't be bringing just her home. The owner was selling all of her ponies, and offered me the mare's yearling filly if I wanted her. So instead of just a riding pony and pet, I'll have a bit of a project as well.

I'm very excited. My vet will be doing a more thorough exam on them when they get here, and I have one of the best farriers in the area two doors down from me.

Now just to wait until Saturday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Yes the mare is very small. So am I. :laugh:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, theyre adorable, good luck on the training and all that!
    pics when they arrive!

3. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Congrats! They're beautiful! That lil' filly is a heart stopper. :love: Will they be sharing pasture w/your goaties?

Deb Mc

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very pretty.... how exciting.... :clap: :hi5:

5. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    :) Congrats! Keep us posted. BTW, what are you going to call them?

Gina

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Thanks! I'll be sure to take so many pictures you guys won't know what to do.

Their current names are Coconut and Ruby...so they will probably get new names. Just dont know what yet!

7. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

I can't see the pics :( It's probably my computer.

Welshes are my FAVE! I wish I could own two welsh mares!! You lucky butt, how tall is the mare, and what should the filly mature to? Do you know any of their breeding? I'm curious ;) ..!!

8. LuvmyGoaties

LuvmyGoaties Member

Mar 8, 2010
  9. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Okay now I see the pics.. WHOA that filly is fuzzy!! The mare is chubby, lol. I can't wait to see them with some muscle & summer coats! :D