The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to take a look at some girls, because the pictures I saw the girls looked like they needed a little loving. I ended up getting a Red Boer Doeling, who I would like to find out what farm she came from? A Sannan/Lamuncha X. And the guy threw in the little Nigerian Dwarf/Pigmy X for free because the kids really wanted her. And I get a free breeding since I don't have a stud to breed her too. They are for or five months old, a little on the small side. We are happy to have them.
Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are super small compared to my Four Month olds. I put them out with Mosa yesterday and her buckling and He is just as big as these girls are. He is only One month old. From what I understand, they were never given any hay. All they ate was cob with molasses. So than they come home and devour they hay, eat the grain which I mix High End 14 with and fresh mineral and baking soda, and they have know Idea what to do first. They were just all over the place. So than we start bringing them to the back yard to work with them and they wouldnt even eat the grass!! That took two days to figure out. These pictures are the second or third day here and finally eating the good stuff before night time feeding.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Oh yes, that lamancha looks pretty skinny, poor girls. Be careful with feeding them all that good stuff. They aren't used to it so that would be considered a "major" feed change. Could cause upset tummy. I would be sure to give them their cd/t shots and treat with cocci prevention, jic.

Good for you, for giving them a good home.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, gave them their shots. they haven't been vaccinated at all. They also got wormed. We are watching them closely. Yes, I make sure its a slow change. They are doing better. There bellies are not as big as they were last week, so I think there bodys are getting used to the feed. They got really pot bellied. I have never seen that before in an animal. Cought me way off guard. I have already talked with the vet and he is on call just in case something were to happen. Thank goodness he lives down the street about 5 miles away.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Tell me about feeding baking soda, I understand the principle but talk to me about when, how much, and just exactly what kind of results you see! Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts