The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, pineapple can ther be good, but it always makes my teeth hurt (sensitivity). Another thing I noticed is that my tongue hurts! It's like I burned my entire tongue! LOL so weird. Does your tongue hurt when you eat pineapple? lol

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
my lips get itchy and my mouth feels weird...so I know where you're coming from.

here's a Chinese trick I learned from my family - before you eat pineapple, take a small bowl, put water in it and add a nice bit of salt. make it almost as salty as an ocean. dip the pineapple into the salt water before eating. for some reason, it takes away the sting.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... interesting! thanks!

My teeth hurt SO bad right now... I am not even touching them with my tongue and they hurt...

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
it's really bizarre how it works. my bf was eating pineapple just the other day and complained his mouth felt funny, and I made the salt water, and he said no problems after.

something about tropical fruit and salt. locals Bajans LOVE eating mangoes in the sea...

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Pineapple doesnt bother me at all. I almost wonder if you have an allergy to it. For years I drank cow milk and thought it made everyones throat thick. No, I was just allergic to it. I would think about going to an allergist and gettimg that checked if I were you.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
that too...just watch it. if you feel your mouth swelling or throat closing, then you may want to head to a hospital.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Pineapple has an enzyme called Bromelain in it which can irritate your mouth. The bromelain also makes pineapple juice a great meat tenderizer. It's just when it tenderizes your mouth, instead of your main dish, it can be a bit painful. Salt water destroys the enzyme, as does cooking.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
weird I must have one tough mouth because I love raw pineapple and it doesnt bother me a bit.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I am allergic to it. :) It's like how lemonade and chocolate makes my throat hurt.

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Very slight irritation if it all for me.... and lemonade and chocolate at the same time or?..... :scratch:

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Yes, raw pineapple makes my mouth sore. I don't like it, but I think it's supposed to help the digestion. I'd rather not digest my mouth, thank you very much!
I really like cooked pineapple though - especially on pizza! :drool:

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
try the salt water bath! it really really works!! my bf did it today...ate a whole pineapple by himself and said no weird feeling in his mouth!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Cantaloupe makes my mouth sore! Never paid much attention to pineapple though. Interesting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts