My Tractor Supply Store, Plant City, FL

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by The1moe, Jan 5, 2011.

1. The1moe

The1moe New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    You know, I live about 30 miles from the TSC... So the other day I drove out there to pick up some goat things... I had four specific items and they didn't have a single one.... Seems like the same story every time I go there... Either We are out right now, or This store doesn't carry that item... I've ended up with bad feed and bent fence posts.... Just about ready to give up on them and just order everything from Jeffers..... I sent an email to their HQs and they emailed back that somebody would get with me.... Still waiting... The only high-lite of the trip is I pass my Ace Hardware Store and they have free popcorn... :-0)

2. Sunny Daze

Sunny Daze New Member

May 18, 2010
    Fairplay, MD
    Well, I recently started working part time at my Tractor Supply and it is actually a very nice store, but I have had bad experiences with others. It also drives me crazy they don't all carry the same things (feeds especially). I would suggest calling a head before you drive down there. We often have people call first because many drive a good ways to get to our store. Just make sure you ask them to specifically check the shelves to make sure it is there because the computer is not always 100% accurate. Also, they should set aside and hold things for you if you tell them you will be there the same day (atleast our store does that). Save yourself a trip if they don't have it!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If you ask for the manager... that orders products....they will order things for you... if they do not have them....we did that here... at one of the California Stores and got what we needed that way.... sometimes ...stores will ask for a stupid restock fee ....so make sure.... they don't stick you ...with that big charge....ask first... and see how much... the bill will be... :wink:

4. NubianLover

NubianLover New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nebraska
    Sometimes stores may only keep one or two of an item in stock based on how much they normally sell. Next time, I would recommend calling ahead to see if the product is available. If not, most items can be rainchecked and in the store within a week. :wink:

5. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    I rarely use TSC anymore. They have just bumped up the prices for feed, wormers and a lot of other things. I can get most of what I need at the local CO-OP. The CO-OP is about a mile from my house and TSC is about twenty miles away. Fencing is less expensive at Lowes so it doesn't make sense for me to drive all that way and pay more. About the only time I stop by Tractor Supply is when I am on my way to somewhere else.

6. The1moe

The1moe New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Finally received a 2nd email back from HQ saying they will get back with me.... ?

7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    It's not just TS in FL...the one we have here in WV is terrible. They NEVER have what you need, they will have prices listed differently in different parts of the store/in ads. It is a constant battle to get what you need at the price that it is supposed to be. And the worse thing - we DON'T have any place with free popcorn nearby! ;)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow... that isn't right.... :scratch: