The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsteady on feet, dancing eyes Temp 101.1
She got probios paste & a shot of Fortified B complex
Ate a little grain, going out to drench her with Cathy's electrolytes even though she isn't dehydrated.
Just gave her 6cc thiamine & don't have time to read the other thread.
How much Pen for how long?

·
I'm watching you
22,355 Posts
Pen is 1cc per 20lbs for 5 to 7 days...Hope she pops back up quickly for you....

Banamine would help with the brain swelling and help her recover faster.

·
Registered
31,035 Posts
Best wishes Nancy..sounds like you caught it fast!!

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is out in the creep feeder where she can see everyone but complaining. (a good sign)
Hubby out getting more needles. Will give her more Thiamine & let her back in with everyone.

·
Registered
31,035 Posts
How is she this morning ?

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, she is ok.
Didn't get a temp cause she fought the lead attached to fence & attempted to choke herself.:rolleyes:
Managed to jab the thiamine first.

·
Registered
31,035 Posts
lol..meds are more important then temp LOL...Glad she is doing well enough to fight you...

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Most Amazing Thing

Nanette is doing a whole lot better, we still have a few more days of Thiamine & Pen g. The other day I saw her stumble & thought it off but kept an eye on her.
Tonight while throwing hay she was by the gate complaining. I encouraged her to go eat.
Miraculously she went to the rack. Dep (LGD) accompanied her.
On hind legs Rimmy was busy stuffing her face. I didn't hear anything but as soon as Dep approached she got down & he stayed close to Nanette.
Then some sort of warning to everyone else cause they all left!

Last week Bob got some 2nd cut & they are used to 3rd. Then there was a day I had to supplement that with straight grass. I don't know if that's what caused it or not, but every once in awhile if they are low on 3rd they get a little grass hay. And fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts