The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so verdict is in and the blood test is positive. So I'm very concerned she is only 6 months old. So now I need to get ready for this. She is showing, have no idea how far along she is, considering the fact she wasn't supposed to be bred yet. I separated my does from my buck when he was 4 months old. None of my other doelings look prego so I didn't test them. So what I'm asking is what do I need to be doing for prenatal care, what do I need for my on kit? And also should I have an X-ray or ultrasound done to see how many is in there and can this give me an estimated due date? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
Did you mark down the last date that the buck was in with the does? You can definitely have an xray or ultrasound done. Depending how far along, the vet may or may not be able to tell.

Don't feed her a lot of grain. I would make sure her copper and selenium levels are good. So copper bolus and give a BoSe shot if she needs them. Make sure you have good loose mineral out all the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you mark down the last date that the buck was in with the does? You can definitely have an xray or ultrasound done. Depending how far along, the vet may or may not be able to tell.

Don't feed her a lot of grain. I would make sure her copper and selenium levels are good. So copper bolus and give a BoSe shot if she needs them. Make sure you have good loose mineral out all the time.
I did not keep track because I wasn't thinking they could breed but I know it was either end of may beginning of June. I'm currently feeding her 1 cup alfafa 2 cups of grain but she leaves most of her grain then try's to eat everybody's alfalfa that they leave. How do I check her selenium and copper levels? Since I just had an outbreak of roundworm and stomach worms which I have finished the first round of treatment I gave her some b12 complex.

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
You learn if you need copper and selenium by how the goat looks and acts.

I would just feed her the alfalfa pellets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts