The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a website, that not many people are really active upon. Even if only one person joins, it would mean the world to me! The site has a forum, blog, direct link to the Etsy Store, guestbook, photos, and many more things! There is also a forum section about animal care, and then stories you have written. I would really appreciate it if you would stop by and take a look. Thanks guys! :)

http://mystorybuilder.webs.com/

*If I'm not supposed to post links to other sites, I apologize. Feel free to move this or delete it, or do whatever needs to be done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you! Is there anything you would suggest changing or editing? It would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I will be more than happy to check out your site.
We have a website as well. It has been live for less than a year and I/we have learned it takes a LOT of patience to build your member base. Especially if you want valid members not just a bunch of spammers.
Best of luck to you and I will get back with you once I've checked it out. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be more than happy to check out your site.
We have a website as well. It has been live for less than a year and I/we have learned it takes a LOT of patience to build your member base. Especially if you want valid members not just a bunch of spammers.
Best of luck to you and I will get back with you once I've checked it out. :)
Thank you! What were your thoughts on the site? Any criticism is appreciated!

·
Registered
285 Posts
So sorry, it took me wayyyyy too long to get back with you about your website.I did go look at it right after I posted here, but was unable to make it back to TGS until recently.Anyway, you have a very nice site so far. I really like the "Fall" header.The only suggestions I would have are a little editing of some of the content, mostly typos.I noticed that you close your forum topics after a period of time. I'm not exactly sure why that is. I know some forum admins don't like their members bumping old threads. I don't mind it a bit when our members bump threads. I figure new members don't lose out on being able to participate in topics they may have missed because they were not with us at the time.Other than that the site looks fine.The only advice I can offer to grow your member base is to post, post, and post some more. Your members want to see new content when they come to your site. Otherwise they have no reason to keep coming back.I know we made the mistake of not posting on our site for about 1 week one time. We had lost almost all of our members that fast. We had to work very hard a bringing them back. Now we make sure we are posting content every day if possible.Also, comment when your members post something. They want to know you are interested in what they have to say and that you are participating.A couple of suggestions on promoting your site [because it won't promote itself]. Many people use facebook to promote their site. You might give that a try. Also, I would suggest joining some "writing forums" since that is the basis for your site. That way you will get to know more people who would be interested in your site. After you get to know them, you can invite them to check out your site.I hope some of this will be of help to you.Good luck and don't give up. Member based websites are definitely a challenge but can be tons of fun and enjoyment once you get them going!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts