The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wether has green scours but I don't know what could have cause it. He gets the same food: hay,water,and he has grass (still need to get minerals). It's like pretty sloppy and he has some of it on his butt. But one thing I thought maybe caused it is he used to have goat chow but the bag has been empty for 2 days now. Has that maybe caused it? Thanks:)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Are you saying he was allowed to feed free choice on goat chow? Over eating an cause scours. How old is he? Coccidia can also cause scours and must be treated. Does it contain mucous or blood? If so its likely coccidian or a bacterial infection. Also, stress alone can cause scours so if anything major has changed for him that could be why too

·
14,615 Posts
You can give him a few cc Pepto 2-3 times aday. Keep in mind this is not going to target the cause, only help with the scours which you need to find out why; food cocci or parasite related.
How old is he?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is a year old. I don't know if it is cocci or not. I think it's just a food change and he only gets the goat chow two times a day. Thanks:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts