The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wether keeps bowing up like a doe being milked.then it looks like. he humping somthing or straining to use the rest room i have no idea what he is doing :confused:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Does he hunch his back? If so mine did this all the time! I was told it's a buck thing and it's just his boy instincts coming out. But I would make sure he is going to the bathroom properly :)

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,746 Posts
Is he mounting does? If he's doing that then he's telling you a doe is in heat. He just can't do the deed.

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,746 Posts
If he isn't urinating then he might have urinary calcium. You need to put some vinegar or ammonia in his water to stop it. He will basically die if you don't stop it. He can't use the bathroom so it will all build up and he will basically die.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He dosent act in pain at all i haven't noticed if he is peeing good or not he is with our littledoe we just got him the other day to keep her company he eats good and very playful he is only three months

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
What breed are they? I would watch him closely and even put apple cider vinegar in the water. It could be just his boy instincts but I wouldn't take the chance in case he does have uc

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
It is urinary calculi. You can give him ammonium chloride.

Please don't put ammonia in his water. That could be deadly.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Ammonium chloride comes in a powder. You can put it on feed or in water. Mine are extremely picky about things in their water, not sure about yours. You could probably even drench him with it. I also feed a good grain with ammonium chloride in it. Watch him closely

·
Super Moderator
58,939 Posts
Does your wether actually have a peeing problem or is he just acting like a buck?

Lemon juice won't help. Raw apple cider vinegar can help. But if he actually has a.problem, you can use Fruit Fresh until you get ammonium chloride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts