The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have confirmed mycoplasma in my chicken flock. It came from a sick hen and the whole flock is infected. I am wondering if the same strain of mycoplasma can affect my goats? They seem to have pneumonia symptoms and I am paranoid. I’m doing some research and have a vet coming tomorrow but I know you all here have a lot of experience with goats and are probably more knowledgeable than I.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They said mycoplasma is *usually* host specific and that different types effect different categories of animals. Also that mycoplasma can present as pneumonia in goats but more often it presents as swollen joints which none of mine have so just being treated for herd wide pneumonia and keeping an eye on it for right now. I guess death can occur quickly in an affected goat and they would have more symptoms - hunched over, crying in pain, no appetite so it’s quite unlikely. My goats and chickens are about 50 ft from each other and in separate fencing as well so they have 0 contact.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nuflor- they wanted to do Resflor gold but I’ve had a few goats have terrible pain reactions to that and they didn’t have a fever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts