Mygrain Kidded!!! Pics Added...post 1!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by KW Farms, Mar 22, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    With QUADS!!! I went out to feed yesterday afternoon and Mygrain's ligs had been gone for a few days and udder had filled so I knew she was getting close, but when she didn't want to eat her food and stood in the corner for a bit I knew she was getting ready. So about 10 minutes later she starts pushing real good...here they come!....out comes one, opened the sack cleaned it's nose, gave it to Mygrain....out pops another, did the same thing, then out pops another one, and just when I thought we were finished another comes out! Fastest birth I have ever seen. Mygrain did an amazing job and all her babies are big and healthy. Her udder looks real nice and looks like she's got plenty to feed all four.

So all in all we have two bucklings and two doelings. They are just beautiful. I will get pics later today.

EDIT: Just went out this morning and one of the bucklings was dead, he was the smaller of the two. I'm not quite sure what happened. :tears: I guess those things just happen sometimes. Anywho, the others are doing great this morning!

The first pic is a buckling and the last two are the doelings. The little buckskin has a bunch of black and grey moonspots, but they're a little hard to see in the pics. :greengrin:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Mygrain Kidded!!!

WOW...I wish all kiddings would go that quickly and smoothly... ....congrats..that is super neat o.... :wink: :greengrin: :leap:

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

:stars: Congratulations!!! That's a lot of kids. Sorry to hear about the buckling :hug: of coarse we'll be waiting for pictures.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

WOW :D that is cool when things go that fast and all is well. I am so sorry that you lost one. Do you think he did not get anything or should I say enough to eat. :scratch:

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Congrats on the fast and smooth delivery. I feel for you about the little buckling but that happens sometimes. :hug:

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Thanks everyone! I was going to go get pics now, but it started pouring about 10 minutes ago, but it looks like it's should start passing soon, so I will have pics in a bit.

Sweetgoats... I know he got plenty to eat, I made sure they all were eating well yesterday afternoon before I went in for the day, I'm thinking maybe he got stepped on or something?? I'm not quite sure. He looked very healthy and active last night.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

so where are the pics Kylee???? LOL!

8. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Pictures added!!! :D

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats on the babies! I am sorry about the other boy though. . . I see moon spots on that second doeling there too, unless the camera is deceiving. :)

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats they are beautiful!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful babies! Congrats on such a fast delivery as well.....sorry about the little boy :hug:

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So when is that last doeling coming to Spokane for me to pick up - LOL!

13. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the new ones-sorry for the loss. :(

:thumb: to Mygrain, she really gets down to business! Enjoy your cuties. :clap:

14. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :thumb: They are just precious!!! :stars: