The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that y'all could judge myranda for Me:)
In my eyes she is perfect, I just wish you could register Nigerians as NOA.
She is a 7 month old purebred nigerian dwarf.
Sorry she's not clipped, my shavers broke:/
Also, the pictures are horrible, she's still young and wild!! Lol
Well, here she is!

Attachments

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Wow, she's pretty! I'm no expert on confo, so I'll let others comment on that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Pros:
Length
Depth
Brisket
Topline
Decent Angularity
Wide rear end
High escutcheon

Cons:
Rump is a bit short and steep
A little narrow in the front
Neck could be longer

She is young though and goats go through an awkward stage, so any fault she has now might fix itself :) She is beautiful by the way! Gold w/ blue eyes is just perfect :3

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Escutcheon- (in veterinary medicine) the shield-like pattern of distribution of the haircoat in the area below the vulva, down to the top of the udder

Looked it up

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh! Ok:)

So I'm guessing that means she'll have or should have a huge udder once at her high point and fully developed?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Did she come from registered stock (I know you said she is grade) but do you have any idea on lineage?

Lightning is grade only because we didn't get service memo when we purchased him with his mom. We know his breeding but...you know how that goes :).

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did she come from registered stock (I know you said she is grade) but do you have any idea on lineage?

Lightning is grade only because we didn't get service memo when we purchased him with his mom. We know his breeding but...you know how that goes :).
Oh I know too well how that goes.
& I have NO idea.
The lady I bought her from did show me her mom & dad but didn't mention anything about papers:/
I feel like she should be but I have NO idea:/

·
Registered
230 Posts
Could you contact them and find out if they where? Just a thought, I have tracked papers down on horses YEARS later and got them ;).

Actually on Lightning we didn't get papers on the mom as we where purchasing as a pet. She had a lopsided udder and she accidently got bred and had twins and it evened out. The breeder was being responsible by selling her not wanting to pass on a bad trait. However the lopsided udder was caused from her first kidding being a single, the second twins (lightning and another) but one went missing (probably coyote). So we spoke with another breeder and their expert opinion was it was more from uneven nursing rather than genetics. Contacted the gal we bought her from and she said if we bred her one more time and it got better we would get papers. We did and it evened out almost PERFECT. Found out she had AMAZING breeding and no history of uneven udders.

You never know unless you ask :).

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah.

I've been meaning to ask but honestly, I dot think she knows te difference.
She had breast cancer if I remember correctly.
But I'm gunna get around to asking for sure!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It was 1 1/2 years after we got Topaz (Lightnings Mom) that I asked and almost 2 years to the month that we got papers.

It never hurts to try, to bad she has breast cancer :( is that why she was getting rid of her?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts