Myrtle- Just a month to go!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Anna, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Ok, Mods, I wasnt sure if this should go in the photogenic section or here, so your welcome to move it if need be.

So Myrtle is a first freshening 2 year old and I'm really curious to see how her udder fills in and how her kids turn out. She's kinda one of those old style stocky and deep nubians so its really hard for me to decide on how many she has. I'm thinking twins, but it could easily be a large single. We shall see.

She's out of a really nice herd, but her mom was probably the eye sore of them comformationally, so I bought Myrtle extremely discounted thinking that if her udder doesnt cut it for us in the show ring, I'll still be happy to have her as a family milker. I hope her dad throws her udder though, he has made so amazing improvements for thier herd in just one or two generations. So there may be some hope for show quality yet.

[​IMG]
    Baby bump, for a second here I could clearly make out a little hoof in her side!
    [​IMG]
    not much udder yet...
    [​IMG]
    whole side shot.
    [​IMG]

I'll use this thread for weekly updates till she kids. Thanks for letting me share!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    oh... I think this is a great place for Myrtle.. :wink: ..keep us updated on her pregnancy progress ...all the way to her kidding day here on your post..... :wink: :greengrin:

Myrtle....is beautiful......she may have twins in there....but you could very well be right.....she may have one single..... :)

Keep us updated......we love it.... : :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh she is such a pretty color! Cant wait to watch her progress :D

She is a late breeding for a nubian - way cool

4. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Stacey, I thought it was really cool too. I've always heard nubians can breed year round like the minis, but I've never actually seen it before. Usually we are breeding in September not kidding!

Thanks! I'm uber excited to share. I promise you'll get tired of me by the time kids though ;) LOL

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome Anna....and no ....we won't get tired of you at all.. or your sweet goat....I am really anxious... to see her babies......we love ...to walk through everything with the both of you......keep up... the updates..... :wink: :greengrin:

6. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Keep us updated!! I haven't seen a newborn nubian in a while, can't wait!!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very pretty mama to be!

Her bitty udder is showing promise! Those long and plumb teats look great AND I do see a very nice medial in her future!

8. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    hee hee, I hope your right Liz!! Wouldn't it just be great if she freshened with a phenomonal udder?? I can just see the look on her breeders face now as we're handed our first place ribbon.... :slapfloor:

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :slapfloor:

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California