The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Actually, no.

(Because of my mom ;) ) lol
I'm not a fan of giving medicines and stuff.
If they need it, I'm ALL for it. Don't get me wrong.
And I'm not a "never use anything that's not herbal" I actually don't use anything herbal ATM.
But, I'm not religious w/ CDT's. I am with kids.
With that said, she hasn't had a CDT shot since she was.....1.5?2 Years old? She is 3.5 now.
She is also the most HARDY goat I've ever met.
Never had coccidia, never worms, never mites. Has the best shiny coat. It's crazy.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Kudos to you, Emmile. :applaud:I'm the same way. I decided not to do CD&T either- My goats had never had it before, never got sick (from those things anyway), I gave it to them once, and they ALL got abcesses/cysts where I gave it. Some of them are still there, and it's been a couple months at least! I am never going to do that again!
I know this is probably going to start up a discussion, but sorry, I am not doing that to my animals again!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Is it a bot fly?? I am learning about it in class right now. Just becareful that if there is a worm/maggot in there remove it with care. Squashing a bot fly larvae can result in anaphalaxic reactions

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh no.

D: gahhhhh. :doh: now I'm even more scared guys.

Thanks Sarah.. :) my cousin's autism has been linked to vaccination Injections as a baby. ..... I think I have a right to be like that!(; lol

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
It could be a bot fly larvae, they leave lumps that look similar to that, it is sort of like an alien growing inside her. The good news is they are relatively harmless. The bad news is if that is what it is there is actually a larvae growing inside your goat, which will burst out when ready and it will look similar to a grub worm or maggot as others have said.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Oh no.

D: gahhhhh. :doh: now I'm even more scared guys.

Thanks Sarah.. :) my cousin's autism has been linked to vaccination Injections as a baby. ..... I think I have a right to be like that!(; lol
:eek: that's terrible, but sadly, I'm not too surprised. You definitely do have the right!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well nubianfan, once it busts and comes into this world, shortly before I stomp it, ending it's life and sending it back to our creator and pray "god, please no more NASTY THINGS like this...... After all, I hold goat poo while my goat and I are in a store so that they don't have to clean it up, with my bare hands....... Or at least just try your best not to give me these nasty creatures. Thank you.. Amen" lol, then nothing happens? So what's so bad about that?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
You know, I remember hearing that before, just forgot. We know a family with Asperger's and so we sort of got into that kind of stuff for a while. It's just to awful to think about, so I guess I blocked it out...:)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Lol yeah!:)

I have never had anything injected into me. Now I've had blood taken, but nothing into me except numbing medicine in my mouth.
& I think I'm great! In a way!(; lol but my teacher called me an alien & a liar cause "you can't get past 7th grade w/ out your shots"
It's quite amusing.
I'm glad I had chicken pox as a kid so I didn't get them later on when I realized what's going on.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
It is my (albeit limited understanding) that bot flies like any parasite can pull an animal down some, but an otherwise healthy goat that has one bot larvae is going to be fine. You probably won't ever even see it pop out. My horses have had them and I never saw them pop out. Some horse wormer gets them but I don't think it will once they are to the larval lump stage. Google bot flies and read about them if you want to know more. It is my understanding they are pretty harmless.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
wow...they let you go to school without your vaccines? I have a friend who's giving birth any day now, and they're deciding about schooling and stuff for their child b/c most school districts won't let you go to school without a vaccine.

since I was born in the 3rd world country, I have ALL the shots. nasty, but true....

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
there was a "monsters inside me" episode where a guy got bot flies in his scalp. it was disgusting....

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
there was a "monsters inside me" episode where a guy got bot flies in his scalp. it was disgusting....
Want to know something really disgusting. I will warn everyone weak stomached to stop reading now. My cousin is an academic type. She has literally went to college and university her whole life. She now is teaching at a university and has a doctorate in German language. So she knows a lot of really nerdy academic types. She knew this guy that was either into bugs or into diseases not sure which but he implanted himself with a bot fly larvae on his forehead JUST so he could study it. At least that is the story she told me. It sounds unbelievable but then again, people do really weird stuff, and my cousin isn't dramatic or one to make up stories. So I tend to believe her. ICK.....

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That's nasty. But I believe it.

Nchen, she (up here at least) doesn't have to have her child have all that crap.
And tell her NOT to let them give the child their "newborn" shots.
My brother got 103 fever, was taken to the hospital, had spinal tap, Epstine bar, all the blood work, EVERYTHING done to him (few days old mind you) & the hospital "didnt know what was wrong". It was the newborn shot thing.
I never had them :D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Lol yeah. I don't want to give mine any.

Think about it.
NONE of that stuff even is heard of in Amish communities. .....

21 - 40 of 40 Posts