Nadine's Beau and Other Pics

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tremayne, Jan 19, 2009.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    My daughter's Alpine, Nadine, has spent three separate times at the breeder's. She spent nearly 3 weeks during the last weeks of Nov. and early Dec. She has such subtle heat symptoms, we did a lot of guessing. We're hoping this last visit was successful. No heat symptoms since that time, so maybe babies. :question:
    Anyway, here's her beau, "Nix".

[​IMG]

Cha-cha pic. Not too clear, though.
    [​IMG]

Face time with our girl:
    [​IMG]

Hay belly or baby fat?
    [​IMG]

We do hope for kids in the spring, but I don't know if that's happening for Nadine. We'll have a new Oberhasli doe soon and she's ginormous, so Ober babies soon. Maybe Alpines in late April. :baby:

Anna

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    when was the last time she was with the buck? she looks rather wide already. Could be hay belly though if she likes to eat :D

3. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Stacey, Nadine stayed with Nix from the first part of Thanksgiving week until Dec. 3, IIRC. She does like to eat, and is on the roundish side, but she's looking thicker than usual.

It's exciting. She'll be a first freshener and will be 3 years old in March.

Anna

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like you will have babies around the time I will be waiting for angie to kid! we can go crazy together :GAAH:

5. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Yep, we'll be cuckoo bananas together! :slapfloor:

We'll have the Ober babies to keep us busy here. How many does are pregnant at your place?

Anna

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well technically 1 but I purchased a doe who is now bred and comes home on wednesday and on the same day if all goes as planned sweet pea will be bred. Then on the 29th if again all goes as planned Mia will be bred = so a total of 4 does will be kidding this year

7. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    How fun. I love babies! We can't wait for the new Ober. She's due soon and will be with us today if all goes well.

All my daughter's goats live at the school farm, even though I'd bring them home in a heartbeat. No land for us yet, so this is the next best thing.

The new doe is a beautiful black Ober with good genetics. She's a second freshener and is very sweet. She'll be a fine addition to the school dairy herd.

There are also lambs due next month and the ewes are my daughter's responsibility as well.

Babies, babies, babies. Gotta love 'em. :stars: Best of all good luck for your girls and their kids.

Anna

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If you are really curious - you can always draw a bit of blood and send it in - it is $7.50 + $5.00 for shipping to know if she took :wink: