Nadine's Further Breeding Adventures

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tremayne, Dec 3, 2008.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Well, my daughter's Alpine doe, Nadine has visited the buck at the breeder's on 3 separate occasions. We may have missed her best breeding times the first two tries. Nadine is a quiet girl; she isn't really obvious in her heats. She just gets more affectionate. Since she lives at the school farm, we don't get a chance to watch her as much as if she lived with us. If we did, we'd probably be better able to figure out what goes on with her, but maybe not. Who knows? :scratch:

This time we delivered Nadine to the breeder's farm before Thanksgiving break. She's been out there over two weeks and the breeder said it looks like everything worked with her and Nix. Poor Nadine, every time we leave her there, she cries when my daughter leaves. Then when we bring her back, she gives my daughter the cold shoulder for at least a week.

Anyway, maybe there was magic in the air this time and there will be Alpine babies in the spring. Tra-la! :stars:

Anna

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I sure hope she takes for you ....Anna....and your daughter ... :) ..was she extra friendly when you took her to the breeder?...LOL :)

3. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    She was getting that way. Nadine can be a real tricky girl. I hope we second-guessed her this time. She's very much an Alpine. Smart and sneaky.

[​IMG]

Anyway, all fingers are crossed here.

Anna

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she is a very pretty doe... :love:
    .......... I am crossing my fingers...that she takes :wink: :hi5:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She is a pretty girl and I hope you got her there in time....

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    gorgeous girl - good luck!!