Nadine's Progress --Getting Closer

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tremayne, Apr 7, 2009.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Nadine has some time left, but she's getting closer. She has a tiny little udder so far, but after she got her haircut, we did see something there.

[​IMG]

She's getting wider and thicker. Still pretty agreeable, but she doesn't like us to feel for baby movement.
    [​IMG]

I did feel movement when we had her up on the stand. She'd rather we brush her than feel for kids. Poor girl has bugs! Not sure if they're lice or mites, but whatever they are, she's itchy.

[​IMG]

Anyway, here's our nosey girl, checking out the shovel.

We're getting excited and hoping for a smooth delivery of at least one :girl:
    Two :girl: :girl: would be terrific, too. However it goes, we just want healthy kids and healthy mom.

Anna

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That utter is about the size of my girls now and she is nursing twins. My girls teats are about half that size also.

When is she due?

3. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Nadine's 150 day due date is April 30. She's three years old and is a first freshener. Her previous owners were a retired couple who spent lots of time spoiling her, so I'm not 100% sure she knows she's livestock.

I bought her for my daughter's birthday last April and I think I'm more attached to her than my kid is. :love:

Anna

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what have you used to treat the bugs?

Nice little udder growing there.

Looks like twins to me

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she has a good udder starting......and has alot of time... to fill up even more...when she gets closer you'll be saying ..."Oh my ...she can't fill anymore".... :shocked: :wink: :greengrin:

yes like stacey said....what have you used for bugs in the past....

6. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    We just discovered her bug problem, so we haven't used anything yet. One of the ag teachers plans to get some kind of dust, but I wanted to find out what we can use that will be safe ahead of time. Not that I don't trust him to get something safe, but...

We're going to treat all three goats out at the farm, since they probably all have the same problem. We have one buckling kid, a lactating doe and Nadine, our preggers girl.

Anna

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sevin Dust used for yards and gardens is what I use when needed :thumbup: She is surely gonna be giving you triplets!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    seven dust ..........or Diatanasios Earth (sp)

I see ....liz....beat me to it....LOL :wink:

9. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Sevin dust, like the stuff used on plants? If so, that should be easy enough to get. Thanks for the info.

Triplets? :shocked: I suggested that to my daughter, who promptly said, "No, twins." As if just ordering them would work. :roll:

We'll see what surprises Nadine has for us. I'd be thrilled with triplets. :clap:
    Especially if they were all three :girl: :girl: :girl:

Can't wait, too excited. :wahoo:

Anna

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wishing you :girl: :girl: and we'll throw in another :girl: for the rest of us. Definitely wishing easy kidding with very healthy ones.

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thinking pink for you!! :girl: :girl:

12. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Thinking PINK :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: !!!!!!!