NAIS: Breaking news!!!

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by goathappy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    This was posted on the Yahoo lists, I sure hope this is true, now I can finally show my girls!!! :leap: :wahoo: :clap: :stars:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I hope it's true also!!!! That would be so great!!!!!!
    :cool: :leap: :wahoo: :applaud: :dance: :hi5: :D :leap: :stars: :dance: :wahoo:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my if this is true I an leap for joy :leap:

please let us know if you hear anything more.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Darn, just got these replies off the list this morning :(:

"I had heard this too and was very hopeful at first... but I learned from my Missourians Against NAIS list that NAIS itself is NOT suspended. What was suspended was the entering into Privacy Act records of all NAIS information. So it is misleading."

"
    No, it does not stop NAIS. It makes it illegal for the USDA to share its
    data with other departments of the government, but it does not stop them
    compiling information, or going forward with its implementation. It is a
    good first strike against NAIS, is as the MI lawsuit. Rulings and suits like
    these show the flaws in the program and the way it has been instituted. We
    need to remain vigilant and proactive. With so many people working together,
    albeit from different directions, we are making progress, but we're not done
    yet. Sorry."

Its a start though!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes it certainly is a start.

now that a precident is starting to form it will help other lawsuits etc against it

6. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    raise havoc
    i did
    when i had goats shipped in from eliya i got caught in the NAIS web
    i wrote too many letters to count to everyone from my mayor to the president of the US and everyone in between including every fair board in NYS
    and i made sure to put CC's at the bottom of every letter so they knew who else was getting the letter
    i only heard back from my assembly man but he assured me that he was looking into it :roll:
    and about a month later i got another letter from him and one from the head of NAIS that my name was sticken (not sure if i really believe this tho) from all NAIS databases
    it's a start
    everyone needs to raise havoc and let all the gov't know what we think about NAIS
    so far, at my fair, a tattoo is still accepted as ID and we don't need NAIS or scrapie

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    How did you get signed up when you shipped goats? Was it because Eliya's from WI?