Naked Goaties

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by DebMc, Mar 24, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The shearer is coming tomorrow :leap: The shearer is coming tomorrow :stars: Yep, that's right! The shearer is coming tomorrow. :dance: I just got the call and he'll be dropping in before dark on his way down the hill and shaving my three Angora girls bald. They so-o-o need it.

Our daytime temps have been in the high 70s, low 80s and the girls are already HOT! Their fleeces are way overdue for a shearing. I'll post pics of my naked goaties after the deed's been done. I betcha' they'll look cute as buttons in their birthday fuzz....he, he, he.

Deb Mc

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Awww.... I bet they are going to look sooooooo cute! Can't wait to see their pics! will you be doing anything with their fleece this time around?

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Betcha you'll have some VERY relieved goaties :wink:

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    It's getting so bad for my sheep that I'm thinking of shearing them myself! It has been over 80 here and some of them haven't been sheared since last January... the shearer says he can't come until April 18, so I am veeeery jealous of you and your goaties :) can't wait to see pics

5. zoomom

zoomom New Member

Feb 26, 2010

Okay, where are you? Im moving there! Today was considered a warm day - and i think it hit 42. (after mid 20's that is warm, how sick is that?)

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Okay - here are the "before" pics.

zoomom: We're in Arizona.

Jess: I'll be keeping Katie's fleece for a special "artsy" project; Allison's will probably be composted; and I may sell the yearling's.

Attached Files:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How exciting... :cool: ..can't wait to see the after pics.... :wink: :greengrin:

8. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    OMG they are so CUTE!!! I bet they WILL be happy to be sheared of all that fluff!!! :D

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    How did their shearing go? :)

10. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Great! Thanks for asking.

I couldn't get any decent "after" pics last night as it got dark and then we had a little "situation" afterwards. :p Seems the kids, Mitsy n Angel, didn't recognize the naked Angoras in the dark and freaked out about the strange giant-poodle looking critters in their yard. :slapfloor: My choredog responded to Mitsy's screaming - it was hysterical - and she, too, failed to recognize the Angora girls. :slapfloor: (Chaco has taken a real shining to the babies (licks them, grooms them, etc.) and is protective of them. ) In turn, the alarm barking and hysterial kid bleating got the newly shorn and feeling frisky Angoras worked up into a frenzy and they started hootenannying (zoomies and going wild). What an uproar! :laugh: Anyway, I'll take some "after" pics later this morning. That is, if I recognize their nakednesses. :shocked: They really do look like totally different goats.

Deb Mc

11. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    As a prelude, here are pics of Trinity and Katie getting shaved. Katie, the herd queen and onery one, actually behaved herself. She didn't try to bite the shearer even once. :clap: BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Naked goaties! :laugh:

Attached Files:

12. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    heehee I bet they are much, much happier now.... and feeling a few pounds lighter! it must get heavy to carry all that fiber around!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is so cool.......... :wink: :greengrin: :thumb:

14. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    <drum roll> introducing the newly shorn Trinity, Allison, and Katie! :leap:

They all are feeling much more comfortable and it really shows. :)

Attached Files:

15. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Hahha to funny!!!! They do look completely different... still very pretty though! I can't believe the babies were scared of them! :slapfloor: :ROFL:

16. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    :ROFL: Great story! They still look cute, just different! ha!

17. farmgirl1

farmgirl1 New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Monroeville, NJ
    Very cute!! Both sheared and not!!

18. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Awww......they look so much more comfortable, but loved their curly locks!
    Love your facility, looks so nice.....are they kept at your home?

19. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I bet they are more comfortable. I know that my cattle dog is when I shave her for the summer. Maybe I can have the shearer come and shear my cattle dog. :slapfloor:
    Suellen

20. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks. Yeah, they share a yard w/the turkeys. It's actually a roundpen that we previously used as an auxillary pasture for our geese.

Are you serious? :shocked: Why I never...<lol>

Deb Mc