Name Change - LOL

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mistyblue, Mar 16, 2011.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    We went to the JP last Wednesday and got married. :love: We had a big BBQ on Saturday and told all our family and friends then. It was great fun and we loved suprising everyone.

I am now officailly Mrs. Stewart, and by the way anyone know how long it will take to get used to being called this? :slapfloor:

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Congratulations!

Sounds to me like you did it right! You will maybe get used to the name change faster than your friends and family will. I still want to call my sister by her maiden name occasionally after 48 years.

Jan

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats that is wonderful... :thumb: :hi5:

The hard part is ...what name to sign paperwork ect with....now that takes a lttle while... to get use to ...LOL :laugh:

4. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
  5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats!!!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time! And what a surprise for them indeed!
    I am with Pam, it takes some getting used too, but the hardest part is when your signing something!

6. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Thanks everyone, I am really happy. We have been engaged for about a year but just could never really set on a date, both took vacation last week and said why not, it will be fun to suprise everyone.

Yeah I was wondering about that as well, I am signing things with my maiden name. But I am not going to stress it, I am 38 and this is my first time I have been married so I figure it will take a while.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... :thumb:

I know.... you start signing and oops...it is your maiden name you are signing :doh: ...so ....you have to scratch it out...maybe initial it... depending on what you are signing... and put your new name there....I loved it though....... got a laugh every time I boo....booed... :laugh: :wink:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    The real fun is changing everything. SS office, DMV.....pick a slow day. Don't go on Friday or at lunch. I went right after they opened and didn't have to wait very long at SS. DMV was another story. They had 3 people including me and it still took the women 45 min. The lady in front of me wanted to stand around and talk to the DMV lady. She didn't like her picture and wanted to take another. She pulled out a hair brush and bobby pins to "style" her hair. :angry: Hope you have better luck and congrats!

Gina