The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'll be getting my new "big" guy in a couple weeks, and still haven't named him. :eek:
I've been calling him Baby Goat, but he really needs a name.
Here are some of the names we've tossed around, but can't make a final decision. :confused:

Elvis, Raylan, and Dexter are the hubby's choices.

Lancelot, Percival or Alymere are the ones I like.
They were knights of the Round Table, and since I already have Arthur and Merlin, would work well....right? ;)

Of course, because he's so BIG for his age there's always Baby Huey...LOL!!
(that's his mom standing behind him, in the last pic, and he was only 4 weeks old at the time!) :eek:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
What a nice looking boy that is.

Sorry, I have to be with a goat for them to get a name. Do you have a theme going or anything?

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a nice looking boy that is.

Sorry, I have to be with a goat for them to get a name. Do you have a theme going or anything?
Not really a theme...but I do have Arthur and Merlin already...so I'm thinking something along those lines would work.

Although when I look at him I can see "Elvis" in his white jumpsuit era! ;) :ROFL:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Picante (spicy in Spanish), Webber, Carlos, Quenton, Dante,Pistol, Benson,Turbo? Haha I don't know I stink at names. But he is a handsome boy!

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you... I think he's handsome too!
I went to the breeder with a couple other kids in mind...but he ran past, in baby goat fashion, and it was all over for me. :love:

·
558 Posts
hmmmm.... I still like Lancelot and also Camelot or maybe Jester (he can entertain the King!)
BTW I meant to add that I LOVE his pink nose!!

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I love themes.
I vote that you stick with a Knight's name. My favorite was always Gawain but if you are going to make him a wether Bors might be a better name ;)
I like Gawain too...but it seems I'm the only one. :confused:
Twins named Gawain and Guinevere would be perfect!
Maybe I should pick up a doeling too...hehehe! ;)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
YES! Of course you need one more :D Then you'd HAVE to name then Gawain and Guinivere! No one could argue at that point. right?

I'm thinking I need one more too. Most of mine have been named by previous owners and aren't going to be in the going naming theme I have. If I had all babies, they would definitely be in my theme. I'm just like that.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Of course there's Gawain, Galahad, Tristan and sir Beaumains, which I'm sure you've thought of already. Or Sir Kay.I like Gawain and Tristan a lot.
Or, for a funny spin, of you've ever read a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's court, you could call him Hank or Clarence. ;)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Although when I look at him I can see "Elvis" in his white jumpsuit era! ;) :ROFL:
I'll confess, when I read that Elvis was one of the options I thought it was PERFECT! Then he could be "THE KING" over your knights. :cool: :ROFL:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Of course there's Gawain, Galahad, Tristan and sir Beaumains, which I'm sure you've thought of already. Or Sir Kay.I like Gawain and Tristan a lot.
Or, for a funny spin, of you've ever read a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's court, you could call him Hank or Clarence. ;)
Or better, "the Boss" ! :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts