The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I've read the signs right and Nancy should be kidding in 5 or 6 weeks. She had twins the last two times around. She was bred to a brown goat, so the baby/ies might not be all black. Her udder hasn't changed from saggy yet, but maybe when I get back from Christmas break, there'll be some development.

Wood Working animal Dog breed Fawn Goat

Working animal Fawn Dog breed Terrestrial animal Grass

Wood Tints and shades Natural material Automotive tire Trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. My Aunt Nancy gets a kick out of her name too. She thought I named her, but I had to tell her she was already named. She responds to her name too, so I didn't want to change it. I called dibs on naming the babies since my kids named the other goat.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Her coat was so rough and sparse when we got her. It feels so soft and fluffy now. I think it's because she likes to eat...a lot.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In thinking about preparations for the birth, I was wondering if it's necessary to contain Nancy somewhere when it's just her and almost 5 month old Korra out in the yard? I can get my husband to put a door on the goat house if I should block her in somewhere. It's about 8x3 if I remember right. Or I can sweep out our unused shed that's a bit bigger and put down hay. I have a chicken brooder light I can put in either area, if they need warmth. I'm in GA so it rarely gets below freezing.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! I'm going away for a bit over a week for Christmas and I'm crossing my fingers for some udder development and fetal movement when I get back. I take way too many pics, so I'll be sure to post new pics.

·
14,456 Posts
In thinking about preparations for the birth, I was wondering if it's necessary to contain Nancy somewhere when it's just her and almost 5 month old Korra out in the yard? I can get my husband to put a door on the goat house if I should block her in somewhere. It's about 8x3 if I remember right. Or I can sweep out our unused shed that's a bit bigger and put down hay. I have a chicken brooder light I can put in either area, if they need warmth. I'm in GA so it rarely gets below freezing.
8x3 ??? or was the 3 a typo? Is Korra the only other goat? How do they get along?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We originally built it with the idea we were getting 2 pygmies and we had to use what wood we had on hand. They very rarely sleep in it and it's got an open doorway. Nancy is not great about sharing space with Korra. Korra, on the other hand, wants to be up Nancy's butt all the time. I know it's pretty small and that's part of the reason we built the platforms. They are covered now too and will be partially enclosed. That's where Nancy likes to sleep now that she's banned from the porch. The house also has a covered porch that's the same size as the house. There's pics in the photogenic section, if you want to see and haven't.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I felt baby goat kicks today! She doesn't love her under belly being touched, but I was determined. I cornered her with grain, put my flat hand by her udder, and pressed up like I've read. Something pressed back and thumped a few times before Nancy had enough. Yay!

Btw, Nancy D, feel free to give any advice on their set up. I don't get hurt feelings and I'm willing to learn.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nancy is coming along nicely. When I feel her ribs and by the tail, she feels on the thin side. I'm planning to up her grain. She has about 3 1/2 weeks left. Is that alright?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty excited too, Kenzie. I felt a baby rolling around today and it really is the coolest thing.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took all my pics from the last few months and lined them up. It doesn't look like her belly has grown much, but boy has her pooch changed. It's easier to see in person. Plus her udder is starting to develop. She had a bit of one in the beginning since she was drying up, but it had been right up next to her belly for a while.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 110 Posts