Nanny had still born yesterday!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Newbygoatman, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Newbygoatman

Newbygoatman New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Wales (United Kingdom)
    Hi all

Well, I purchased my first 2 goats 8 weeks ago. They are Boer/saan cross. Both were purchased in kid. They have been great. The one uddered up a few days ago. However, yesterday I came home from work to find that she had given birth. I'm certain way too early. The dead kid was just about fully formed but was bald. Myself and my family are pretty gutted. Has this happened to any of you goat experts out there? If so are there any reasons for this? Or is it just nature.

Ed aka Newbygoatman

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hi Ed welcome to TGS :wave:

sometimes goats do kid prematurely. Reasons are widely varied some include: being moved to late in pregnancy, mineral deficiency, being butted real hard, chlamydia. Just to name a few reasons off top my head.

I am so sorry to hear you had to go through this especially with your first goats

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am very sorry for your loss. :(

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I agree with Stacey, could have been alot of things, sorry this happend, give her a bit to re-condition then re-breed her. :)

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep, same as Stacey said. It could be a lot of reasons. It just was not meant to be. I am so sorry. :hug:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome Ed... :wave:

Ditto ...Stacey said it all...there are a wide variety of things that could of happened....I am so very sorry.. for your loss....... :hug: