NANNYS WITH COUGH

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by carmen escamilla, Aug 2, 2010.

1. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTIONS FOR U GOAT LOVERS I WANTED TO UY TO NANNYS THEY R BOARS GOATS ON FRIDAY AUG 6 AND WHEN I WHENT TO GO SEE THEM YESTERDAY AT THE BREDDERS HOUSE SOME OF THEM HAD A COUGH NOT TO STRONG BUT I HEARD IT ON DIFFERNT ONES IN THE TIME OF 2 IN A HALF HOURS I WAS THEIR ..THE LADY TOLD ME THAT THEY PROBLEY WAS CAUSE OF THE HAY THEY WERE EATING OR THE DUST THE IT HAD IN IT ON THE HAY IS THIS TRUE OR R THEY SICK IF THEY R WHAT DO U CALL IT AND SHE SAID THAT IF I WANTED SHE WOULD GIVE THEM A SHOT B 4 I TOOK THEM HOME I WANTED TO SAY SOMETHING WITH A L OR N IT STARTED WITH IS IT WISE TO BUY THEM OR WOULD IT HURT MY OTHER NANNYS WHEN THEY ARRIVE HERE AS FAR AS GETTING THE REST SICK CAN THEY BE FIX OR IS SOMETHING THAT IS REAL BAD PLEASE HELP B 4 I BRING THEM HOME ...

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    first off all your posts in capitals are very hard to read -- can you turn the capitalization off? Its just hard on my eyes

As to the goats - coughing can be any number of things

1) dust from the ground, hay etc yes can cause coughing
    2) lung worms can cause coughing. Treatment is Ivermectin orally
    3) pneumonia - treatment is oxytetracyline for 3-5 days 1cc per 20lbs

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have to agree on the Caps....I was thinking the same thing... :wink:

I also agree that... it can be any of those things that causes a cough.... with pneumonia...usually they will have a higher temp.... Anytime your goats are ill 1st thing to do is... take their temps.... :thumb:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    agree

I'd ask her to take their temps, if they're elevated I'd suspect that they're sick

5. RockyRidgeBoers

RockyRidgeBoers New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I agree also. I would also listen to there breathing, look for runny nose & eyes.