National Show questions?

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by ArizonaGirl, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl New Member

Has anyone been to ADGA Nationals? I'm considering bringing some of my LaManchas, and I'm curious to know about how many goats per breed usually show up. Also, does anyone know of a website or page where I can get additional information on the show?

Thanks for you're help! This will be my first National show if I get to go :cool:

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    My mom went to the one last year in Wyoming-had an absolute blast to. My mom said she'd guess that there was about 500 goats per breed at Nationals. Of course that gets cut down quickly once the judge do their cutbacks before the official show. I would love to go to a National show-but now that my dad is out of a job we probably wont make it to one again-or atleast not for a few years. Unless he gets lucky and is able to find a job in this terrible job market. You might check the ADGA website for a link to the National show information.

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

It really depends on where they are held. If you go to the adga site and look at the national show winners pages they say how many goats were judged right above the goats pictures.
    We went to the 05 nationals and are planning on going again in 09. I had a blast there.
    beth

4. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl New Member

Where can I get info on Nationals 09'? I think I want to go, but before I commit I need to know just what I'm getting into, lol. Is there a page made up for it yet, or do I just need to send for a show packet or something? I've never done this before, so I'm already lost :roll:

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

nope the packet wont be out until feb or march at least. When they come out just call adga and request one.
    beth