Native On Appearance

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by tracyqh, Feb 16, 2011.

1. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    :whatgoat: How do I contact someone to look at my Dairy Goats so I can possibly register them. IDK their pedigree but have an Alpine, LaMancha and a LaMancha/Saneen.

Thanks!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Well you will need... registration papers ...or something by the breeder... to start....or you can breed them to a FB registered boer buck and make their babies 50% registered.....

Do they have any tattoo's in the ears?

3. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    I think that you just would need to find someone in your area that is a member in good standing with ADGA that would be willing to say they meet breed standard. Then you could register them as native on appearance. Of course they do have to make breed standard for that. Hope this helps!

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh Poo...I misunderstood the question...sorry.... my Bad.. :doh:

I don't know that one....

5. ()relics

()relics New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Indiana
    NOA, native on appearance, With the ADGA is similar to the program the USBGA/IBGA used to have, it ended December 2010 , I think. Essentially you fill out a form to "register" your goat. Take a few pictures from different angles then mail it in and they send you a registration certificate back. This is based on usbga/ibga rules, the ADGA may be slightly different but a similar principle. I would guess, again similar to the usbga/ibga, the form would be available on-line. You may want to check the rules and other specifics, again I'm sure there must be something on their website, to make sure you have everything filled in properly on the forms. Although your goat Is registered it is still only registered as Native On Appearance. Might want to check if the fees and such are worth the paperwork you actually get for your goat.

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Thanks ()relics...at least now... I know.. what it is .... :hi5:

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I was going to do the same thing with one of my alpines, but it just isn't worth it. The babies will still be only 50% anyway. Wether you register the babies as having a NOA mom, or unregistered mom, it's the same outcome.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Dreamchaser- the value of the kids if bred to a ADGA reg. buck will triple compared to not registering her NOA.

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yes, but they will still only be 50%. If you keep breeding up, eventually you will have a 100% American either way. This is what I have been told by other breeders.

10. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Anyone near central Ohio that can approve them for me?

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I did an noa Nubian - and I like it for identification purposes. They will put the word "the" in front of your herd name to signify noa. No pics needed - just a letter. And the person certifying does not have to physically see them - it can be through pics :)

12. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Great. How do I find someone to send pics too?

13. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
  14. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks. I'll get you some tomorow.

15. deineria

deineria New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Huntington, WV
    You will find, though, that kids with a "recorded" NOA dam and out of a purebred buck will have kids that do sell for double, and then their kids offspring with sell for more still . . .
    totally worth going, esp. in the long run

16. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ

Hmm. I might have to do that then. If that's true, then I will be very upset that I let those breeders talk me out of it! How much does that cost, do you know?

17. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    No wonder the lady at the swap talked me out of the purebred alpine's that were there!! Hmmm and she said she just wanted them to eat the foilage around the yard! Now i'm kicking myself in the rear end! Is $100 for a pure bred not registered doe a bad price to pay?

18. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Nope. Not at all. That is about the going rate. $75-$150 is what I have seen. Sometimes you will luck out and get one for $25-$50, depending on the circumstances.

19. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    There's a lady i bought my wether's from 2 year's ago and she just e-mailed me she has 4 yearling doe's for $100 each that includes delivery, she's 2 hour's away! UTD on everything ..... hmmm do i don't i do i don't i ............ Will hubby notice when he get's home n will i be sleeping in the barn with the goat's :ponder: :ponder:

20. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Does she have photos you can post?