natural cocci tx is this good for adults too

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by luvbug*diapers, Mar 8, 2010.

1. luvbug*diapers

luvbug*diapers New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    sunny california
    if so what would the dose be?
    thank you
    renee

Cocci Remedy
    1 tsp powdered ginger * 1 tsp cloves * 1 tsp slippery elm powder * 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup boiling water - Steep for 20 minutes
    For a 2 month old kid give 6-10cc twice a day for 5-7 days

Not a lot of people have the slippery elm on hand, it is great stuff though and if you have the chance I highly recommend having some on hand. I don't know if the other ingredients would work without it but it certainly cannot hurt to try, if you have the supplies.

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    If you are having a coccidia problem (had a fecal done with high counts) then it'd be best to go with a round of coccidia medicine. You do not want to mess with the stuff.

I *think* I got that dosing from a Nigerian Dwarf group, so a two-month ND (ours anyway) weigh right around 15 to maybe 20 lbs. I'd up the dose by 3-4 times for an adult. More is not going to hurt them since it is all natural. But it would probably be good to treat the conventional way to be rid of the icky stuff.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have to agree with Olivia.... :wink:

Cocci ...can kill a goat quickly ...it causes internal damage ...if left to long...it also stunts growth...the natural cures.. may take to long to work or...may not work at all... if given the wrong amounts.... giving the traditional medicine....would be a good idea..... cocci is nasty stuff... good luck... :hug: