The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on worming (preventative) my goats with a recipe I found that has great reviews. It is:
8 oz of coconut oil
Rosemary essential oil
Oregano essential oil

However, I have not been able to find a dosage for it anywhere. Any suggestions on how much I should give my goats? I have boers, weighing from about 25lbs to 200 lbs. Thank you

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,347 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,347 Posts
Although, if you are stuck on that recipe exactly, I would suggest to give adult goats a full drenching syringes worth, and give half that to young goats, and a very small amount to baby goats. I must say though, I really do not like essential oils as dewormers.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I see an amount of Coconut Oil, but I see no other amounts, so it isn't a complete recipe. Essential oils can be amazingly harsh, so the lack of a measurement for them is worrying.

Note, this is aside from how much of the concoction is a dose.

What parasites are supposed to be affected by this? And how does it work? Where did you find this, and what sort of reviews were offered?

It is impossible to prevent parasites via concoctions. It is only possible to treat parasites via concoctions (either herbal or chemical, I'm not being insulting)

Management practices are the only thing that can prevent parasitic infestation. That said, it is possible to treat often enough that the parasite numbers remain low, so that it looks preventative.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
it is possible to treat often enough that the parasite numbers remain low, so that it looks preventative.
True true. Well stated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts