The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My goats are doing very well, aged 14months now, I have regular faecal tests done, as I don’t like using chemicals, and trying natural care when ever possible.

The tests come back clear every time…. so far, fingers crossed.
They have garlic, pumpkin and sunflower seeds daily, and occasionally wormwood plant, which I believe has a chemical which is in worming medications. I Hoover up their berries from paddock with garden leaf sucker , that helps ha ha.

Ive been told by the faecal lab, to maybe give Verm X intestinal conditioner pellets, while not a wormer, can help their gut be less inhabitable to worms. Is this good thing to give my little ones occasionally or should I just keep doing same routine?

Also if no worms are showing up, do I still need to do Famacha eye check for barberpole worms.
I find checking theirs eyes hard to do.
thank you all love from UK

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Good for you and your goats to have clean fecals!
I have been using Verm-x for my chickens (my brother sent it from Europe). It is an all natural herbal pellet. I think it would be good to give to the goats. I would follow the insructions on the package for effective immune boosting.
The FAMACHA check is not as hard to do of you pull down the lower eyelid first, and then close the eye with your thumb and very gently push the eyeball in a little. I found that way it was easier for me. I do my goats’ Famacha when I do their hooves, about every 3 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts