The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nottie is pregnant and due 3-23-08. She has super soft ligaments and is on 138 today. She is my first homebred kid. I did not breed her actually but none the less she's pregnant. She'd been in heat Oct 24th and then the bucks had a fling in the doe pasture on Oct 25th. I saw Larkspur with her but never saw him do "anything" so I assumed she wasn't bred. That very weekend we attempted to breed Lark to a different doe and he was not willing to breed so I figured he was still too young. Nottie's been uddering up for a few weeks now and getting round...

Very hairy I know. Tomorrow we'll be doing birthing haircuts for her and Anna.

This is the only due date I have for her as she's never been exposed to a buck other than the accidental fling.

She's small and I'm worried. I am PRAYING :pray: That she has more than one in there and that she is able to deliver her kid(s) without my trouble. Please pray for my little Nottie. She'll turn a year old 3-27-08 so she's due just a few days shy of a year old.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Naughty Nottie, babies coming...

Its weird, her and Sarah grew at the exact same rate until Nottie got pregnant. Nottie seemed to really slow down to almost stopping and Sarah kept on going. I had planned to breed both in January but Nottie had other plans. Sarah was bred in Jan though. She is noticeably bigger than Nottie.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

I have heard different things. Some people say they grow faster while pregnant and others say the grow slower.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Me too, some say it doesn't interfere with it at all. I do know though, that Blossom was a smaller yearling. She's bigger this year at 2, but she's never going to be one of my biggest does. So that could be part of it.

·
Premium Member
22,982 Posts

Ashley, I do believe that she will do very well. Please take me to be sincere. I did the same exact worrying with Angel and you gave me hope! Nottie is alot older than Angel and I would imagine a bit bigger as Angel will not be a year old til May 30th. And she had a single precious doe all on her own, which I was sick and surprised at the same time, so I am giving you hope that if a 9 month old baby can have even a single and do well, I know Nottie will be just fine....besides that she has a wonderful little udder going! Lily had to wait almost 4 days before she didn't need to eat every 15 minutes to get her belly full! Nottie will give you 2 doelings and 1 with blue eyes! :girl: :girl: :pray:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks, I still can't help worrying. I worry about them all just because anything can happen. Doesn't matter how many times they've kidded or not they can still have problems, but the new girls are the ones I worry the most about. Especially slightly smaller girls. I hope she's able to deliver without problems. I hope your right! :D

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Yes its been a busy year so far. Shew!

I was suppose to have an addition built on before now but truly there's no time to start it. I don't want to stress them with construction. So I guess it'll wait. My pasture is swimming with babies. You should see them. They're SO CUTE!!! :love: Can't wait to see the rest!

·
Registered
123 Posts

Good luck to Nottie!!! She's in my prayers that's she's got twins, maybe even triplets in there for you. I hope that all goes well.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Today is 141 for Nottie, her ligaments are SUPER soft and nearly gone. She feels so much closer to kidding than Fuchsia or Faith and both of them should be kidding anytime now! So I think Nottie might go early and hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Nottie's ligaments are nearly gone. She is so mushy back there its not even funny. I think it could be this weekend! Today is 142 for her.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Good luck with her. I sometimes think that 2 or 3 are better than one-atleast they'll be smaller and maybe easier to have. I had a mini ober yearling give me triplets this year. She kidded with out me and had them fine-except she forgot to clean one so it died-but the other two are so cute and doing fine. They are tiny though!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts