NC State Fair

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by badnewsboers, Oct 19, 2008.

1. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Check in is tomorrow for the junior shows and I will be showing my Big Bang doe on Tuesday. I was supposed to have some goats in the Open show too but things just didn't work out between goats getting sick and paperwork problems.

I was wondering if anyone else was going, whether for the Boer shows or for dairy.

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    we are going and were planning on showing 11 goats in open show-but some don't look up to par and are due in a few weeks. We are showing about 6 I think.

3. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Neat. I'm hoping to watch the Open show so maybe I'll see you there.

And I understand about goats not looking up to par. I was going to show my percentage doe and her daughter in the Junior Breeder show and possibly the Open if they placed well but they got sick and I haven't got enough weight back on them for me to be confidant enough to show them.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    If I still lived in NC I would have gone!! Good luck!

5. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Yeah badnews- when we sent in the form-most of our goats looked great, but Trax has been chasing the girls and so has Wildman-they need some weight around their hips. And Cutie Pie was the one that scratched all the hair off of her head- I guess it's one thing or another all the time :shrug: