The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 year old ND started with what I thought was worms. Scours and a harder rumen that I could massage to soft. Treated with valbazen. Scours improved but still not great for a few weeks. Eating and drinking just fine. Liquid scours developed again around week 4-5. Very wet belching developed into him spitting up undigested good and stomach fluid. 2 different fecals with 2 different vets. No worms and no e.coli or salmonella. They said if it wasn’t one of those maybe has a mass/tumor or torsion. I dont want to believe that. We are on about the 8th week. I just don’t know what to do! While waiting for the ova and parasite to come back we started penicilin. Ended at 5 days as th vet suggested because they didn’t see anything. We also did spectoguard ~week 6 and he clumped right up. He has normal pool now. Has lost a ton of weight. He is so vocal today! Spitting up regularly. Did cd Anti-toxin 10ml about 2 weeks ago too. Have been giving electorlytes, probios and vit b complex gel regularly. Would love to try a cud/rumen transfer but have no clue how to start.

Did MOM the last 3 days. Not today. Only once a day. I’m just at my wits end. Getting so nervous.

I feel like he has too much stomach fluid. Would that be like indigestion or acid reflux for a person.

Could it be bloat at this point?!?!! I just don’t want to treat if I don’t know!! He has an appetite. And is walking around. Keeping it to just grass hay to keep him diet bland.

Did find a litt but of moldy hat a couple weeks ago!!! Tossed it!! But have no idea! I feel like I don’t know what I’m doing anymore.

Some questions... what can I treat for that won’t hurt him if I’m wrong? Anyone have any ideas at all???! Please! It just seems like I can’t imagine a goat living this long with whatever it is!!

·
Registered
30,618 Posts
Was this sudden onset? Land of havinah GI Back on track may help address the wet cud.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8 year old ND started with what I thought was worms. Scours and a harder rumen that I could massage to soft. Treated with valbazen. Scours improved but still not great for a few weeks. Eating and drinking just fine. Liquid scours developed again around week 4-5. Very wet belching developed into him spitting up undigested good and stomach fluid. 2 different fecals with 2 different vets. No worms and no e.coli or salmonella. They said if it wasn't one of those maybe has a mass/tumor or torsion. I dont want to believe that. We are on about the 8th week. I just don't know what to do! While waiting for the ova and parasite to come back we started penicilin. Ended at 5 days as th vet suggested because they didn't see anything. We also did spectoguard ~week 6 and he clumped right up. He has normal pool now. Has lost a ton of weight. He is so vocal today! Spitting up regularly. Did cd Anti-toxin 10ml about 2 weeks ago too. Have been giving electorlytes, probios and vit b complex gel regularly. Would love to try a cud/rumen transfer but have no clue how to start.

Did MOM the last 3 days. Not today. Only once a day. I'm just at my wits end. Getting so nervous.

I feel like he has too much stomach fluid. Would that be like indigestion or acid reflux for a person.

Could it be bloat at this point?!?!! I just don't want to treat if I don't know!! He has an appetite. And is walking around. Keeping it to just grass hay to keep him diet bland.

Did find a litt but of moldy hat a couple weeks ago!!! Tossed it!! But have no idea! I feel like I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

Some questions... what can I treat for that won't hurt him if I'm wrong? Anyone have any ideas at all???! Please! It just seems like I can't imagine a goat living this long with whatever it is!!
Could the rumen be hard from dehydration?
Was this sudden onset? Land of havinah GI Back on track may help address the wet cud.
Thank you. I ordered some last night based on your recommendation. Not sudden.

I think he just threw up tape....?!?! Is that possible? Can a goat throw up? If he did, and that is the culprit... this could all make sense.

·
Super Moderator
58,905 Posts
Goats can throw up but it is usually a serious situation. If there is a blockage, you need to know. I'd call the vet on Monday and get an x-ray done.

You are getting answers. Please don't start any new threads. The rule is one thread per issue. Your problem has been going on for a while and at this point you need to find out what is going on internally. An x-ray or ultrasound is needed at this point. You have to consider blockage or twist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts