ND Color ?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by RowdyKidz, Mar 11, 2010.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I *think* it's a black sundagau(sp) w/ white but...Not sure? Just would like to verify. :)

Attached Files:

2. KGW Farms

KGW Farms New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Scales mound, IL
    Not sure about his color but he is gorgeous!!!!

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm not very familiar with the "fancy" Nigerian colors but our doe, Poppy is the same color as him (without white) and her registered color is Sundgau (sp?), so I'm gonna guess, yeah, he/she is too. :)

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Looks swiss marked...that's what you call the pattern. Sangau (can't think of how this is spelt)? is more like a buckskin without the cape, just brown on the legs and striped and face, under neck.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea... swiss mark. sundgau's are a form of the buckskin pattern..its an extended cape in essence.. so they're need to have buckskin type boots to be considered a sundgau.. so a swiss mark

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    and he's got the "follow me" marks on his patootie, so def a swiss mark ( compare him to a togg)

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    did you get yourself a ND?

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks guys! :)

I *may* be getting him. I hope I get to get him anyway. I am buying out a Pygmy herd of 2 does, a wether, and the wether ND. So we'll see how it works out.

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Well, Dooley is here! And OMG is he a sweetheart!!!!!

10. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Swiss marked has a dark underside. This to me looks definitely Sundgau or soemtimes referred to as lightbelly. An excellent illustrated site on ND genetics is Foxcroft. Just Google in foxcroft genetics and it will take you there.