ND doeling

Discussion in 'Goat Conformation' started by dixiegirl3179, Jun 20, 2015.

1. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Ok ya'll!
    I'd love to hear opinions on this little girl. She is just about to turn 5 months old. Sorry the pics aren't set up; I was all by my self. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Cute as a peanut!
    I love her width. That's one of the most important things for me to see is width. Need to go fishing for a kid, you want room. Makes a world of difference.

Now at 5 months, she may be at an awkward growth spurt so you can't judge her perfectly - I'd like to see kid pictures too. But what I see that can be improved upon is I'd like to see more length of body, and for her to be more uphill. She also needs more brisket.

Good capacity. What are the udders behind her?

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

4. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
  5. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    [​IMG]

This is her dam. It looks like she's really taking after her as far as being deep, but short bodied. She also seems to have inherited those posty legs from her mom!

[​IMG]

This is her at about 6 days old. She started out looking chocolate chamoisee to me, but has turned gold like her mom.

[​IMG]

And this is her at about 2 weeks old.

6. jmez61690

jmez61690 New Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Aww she's beautiful! She has a very, very pretty face.

I'll practice critique... (Idk what I'm doing so don't put much stock in this!) Her head and neck are gorgeous, body is short but deep and maybe she'll elongate as she grows? Needs more brisket and, idk what the word for this is, but her back legs are straight instead of doing that curvy thing? :lol: I'm an idiot. Haha. And do goats grow like horses in that they become more "uphill" as they mature? Right now she isn't uphill but I've always heard with horses and dogs that you can tell when they're fullgrown when their shoulders are even or higher than their rumps.

7. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    The word you're looking for in regards to her back legs is posty...and I concur. Her mother is as well. I think you did pretty well. Those are all things that I noticed about her. I think that goats do get more uphill as they grow. I was told that if they're downhill at her age it can change as they get older.