The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have three 4 month old Nigerian Dwarfs. When we first got them they spent most of their time grazing. I started cutting branches with green leaves for them twice a day. Now they rarely eat their pasture. Parts of it is getting over grown. Is that normal?

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
yes cut out hay as long as they have pasture to eat. And dont give them tree cuttings if you want them to eat the pasture.

Goats arent normally grazers but browsers so of course they are going to hold out for the tree cuttings

·
Killer_goat
52 Posts
One thing i have noticed in my whole month or so with goats is that they are greedy. I can drop a couple tree clippings for mine, and go get another one and they will completely ignore the first clippings and devour the new ones. But let another goat go start eating some clppings and all of a sudden they just became the best clippings that everyone must have. Seems with goats the grass is always greener on the other side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.