ND herd dispersal - Spring 2008

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by bigoakfarm, Nov 8, 2007.

1. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Well, I've been kicking the idea around for a couple months now and I've finally made the decision to get out of Nigerians. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the nigies and I've had so much fun with them over the years :lol: They are wonderful little goats but the 2 legged kids are getting bigger, Jeremy has gotten more involved (and opinionated.... :wink: ) and honestly, I'm just ready for a change.

Other than a few pets that can't ever leave us, the entire herd of NDs will be sold after they freshen in the spring and only after I find the right homes to match them with. If any of you Goat Spotters hear of someone who might fit the bill, please forward my info to them.

Thanks!
    Kristen

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are you getting out of goats all together or specializing in a different breed?

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    Kriaten ir sounds like you have been bitten by the alpine bug real bad. :wink:

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    here you go Marie ----- maybe you can get a couple of Kristen's goats.

5. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Stacey-

Just the nigies. We still have the Alpines. Is it even possible to live without goats altogether???? :shock:

Fritzie-
    We were kind of ready for a change when we got the Alpines form you and they are so much nicer than I even thought they would be. The NDs have been great fun but the Alpines are definitely different and we're just happy to concentrate on one breed alone at this point. We have a few ND pets that will stay here but won't likely be bred anymore.

Kristen

6. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    I kind of jumped the gun with this decision. I'm ready to get out of the nigies but my daughter, Sierra is not so sure she can part with them just yet. She turns 14 on Friday and she is considering keeping the Nigerian Dwarf herd for herself and leaving me with just the Alpines. She joined the Goat Spot earlier today and she'll post an intro I'm sure so I guess you'll be hearing from both of us now. LOL

Kristen

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ