ND question

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by QotL, Oct 4, 2008.

1. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    Hi all!

Wondering what the max height on a ND was?

I had thought they were very short, but just went to a link here someone had provided to a breeder who shows her goats.. her ND's were much taller than I'd thought they would be.

I'm asking because I have a girl who was sold to me as an ND, but thought she must be a mix due to size.
    Here's her pic- maybe you guys can tell me if you think she's a mix? I think I posted these pics here before lol.
    [​IMG]
    Here she is standing with my 4yo.
    [​IMG]

I can take a tape out and measure her later. It really doesn't matter what she is, but I'm just curious. She was sadly neglected when I bought her, but I can tell she was somebody's lap baby once.

Meghan

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I cannot answer the question ,but I had to say............the little girl is so cute and pretty and I love your pretty little goat to........ :love:

It is hard to pick which "kid" is the cutest..............."JUST KIDDING" they both are lovely.... :)

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    ADGA and AGS height limits are 22.5 inches at the withers for does and 23.5 inches for bucks. NDGA is much shorter, I think 21 inches for does, not sure for bucks.

She looks like a mini to me. When you get a height measurement it will be easier to tell. ;) Cute little girl! And cute goatie too!

4. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hey,

Your ND looks like our Hershey P.A. we had here exact some color except without horns.

5. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Maine
    OK, I just went out and measured- she's 19" tall. Maybe she just seems tall because I'm short :roll:

Thanks guys!

Amy- yeah, I love that color. It does look like Hershey's chocolate! And I have 2 choc lab dogs too... It cracks me up how the three of them match.

Meghan

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Our Hershey was the same size as your doe that is pictured, she was stocky like a Pygmy too but she was one of the bigger Nigerians though, her kids were Oreo and Cadbury, LOL and we have her grandson that is tall for a Nigerian that looks kind of like a donkey.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My registered ND is 19"....my crosses(pymy/nigi) are 18"-20"....both your girls are sweet!

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yep, most of our Nigerians (all registered) are in the 18-20 inch range, one is 21.5 inches.