The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in central Queensland Australia(east coast) the weather is starting to cool down.We have fire wood cut and stacked(yes it gets cold enough for a fire) and have had it lit for all this week.My 3 cats think its wonderfull...lol.
The funny thing is here you dress in layers and by about 10am its back to shorts a T shirts as the average temp here in winter and Im talking about Celsius,this morning was 12c(53f) and will get to 24c(75f) pretty average for this time of year and we have had over 50ml of rain last week,also normal for now until it gets into the very dry months July through to Oct.
The coldest we have ever had on our property with a frost that's gone by 9am at the latest was 0c(32f).I can really boast the winters here are wonderful and a pleasant relief from the hot humid summers,teejae;)

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
Woohoo! winter is great, I hate the heat in Sydney, but the winters aren't so bad. It's just hard to get up in the morning :snowlaugh:

·
14,725 Posts
Wow I like your kind of winters! I'm in Kentucky, and our winters can be quite cold. We usually only see about 3 decent snow's in a season <2+ inches, 4 is a lot lol>. It gets down to freezing<32F> most nights, sometimes the daytime high doesn't get into the 30'sF.
Our winter is pretty much from Dec-March. But Jan & Feb are typically the worst months. This year I have to say March and April and this month too were unseasonably cool.

We're getting into summer now, it's in the mid 80s this week and they are talking humidity, which makes it miserable. Upper 70s by Sunday, so hopefully a little bit of a break.
Last summer was one of the warmest on record with many consecutive days 100+! It was so miserable, throw in that humidity....it ended up making a lot of our goats sick, and many goat farmers in the area lost a lot of animals because of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts