Neat Site Everyone should become a member

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sparks879, Apr 23, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

hey guys a friend of mine just gave me the link to this really great site! You can order things such as Bo-Se, banamine and much more. You have to have an acount to look through the stuff, but i think its going to be well worth it. If you sign up and use your friends name who reccomeneded the site then that friend gets a discount! A great alternative to having to call the vet to get a few things!
    http://www.vetserv-usa.com
    beth

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just went to the site and "registered" so we will see if they will accept my application. It was asking for my DVM license number - which obviously I do not have :) So I will keep you updated!

Thanks for posting the link

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have heard of this ---- but it was kind of hush hush, Beth do you know if this is legal?

4. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    When I went to the NWODGA conference this Feb. A well known Alpine breeder/Dairy owner uses this site for all her supplies like banamine, epinepherine, BoSe etc. She gave us all the site address but I could not get it to come up. Thanks Beth!
    Sue

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

as fa as i know stacey it is. a friend of mine who is not a vet gave me the link. She said that she gets things all the time. My membership was aproved and i dont have a vet license. All i have is a vet assistant certificate. And its probably expired or something i got it nearly eight years ago...
    I didnt put anything in the boxes for the vet licensenumber and such. They still aproved me.
    beth

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok just checking, I think this is something very valuable I just don't want to do anything illegal or "sanction" it via the forum.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i totally understand. I probably should of asked you before posting it. I was just so excited!
    beth

8. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I got accepted and placed an order with no problem. Now we will have to see if I get my order or there is a problem. Here is what I ordered.

Qty SKU Item Name Price Subtotal
    1 02CALP-1 Cal-Phos #2 with Potassium Injection (CMPK), 500mL
    (A - each) $10.19 $10.19
    1 02FLUN-1 Flunixin Meglumine Injection 50mg/mL, 100 mL (this is banamine)
    (A - Each) $39.99 $39.99
    1 02SELE-1 Selenium & Vitamin E Injectable 1 mg/mL, 100 mL (Bo-Se®)
    (A - each) $26.99 $26.99
    1 02THIA Thiamine Injection 200 mg/mL, 100 mL (Vitamin B1)
    (A - Each) $8.99 $8.99
    How they heard about us:
    friend
    Subtotal: $86.16
    Tax: $0.00
    Discount: -$0.00
    Shipping, Insurance & Handling:
    (We will notify you via email, shortly with the corrected total to include shipping.) $16.86
    Total: $103.02

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Let us know when you recieve everything Teresa. I am very interested in this site!

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I registered. Mom didn't want them calling so I didn't give my phone number. And put in the best time to call box: Email.

I hope they except my application. :)

11. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i registered but haven't heard back

12. Udder Insanity Toggs

Udder Insanity Toggs New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Saylorsburg, PA
    :grouphug:

Be careful about Vet-Serv abuse. Like Stacey mentioned, keep it hush hush, and don't go to it when you have ease of vet access. Always pay the higher price (usually option A), as the lower price is reserved for DMV license applications. Use it as a tool for when you DESPERATELY NEED a medication only. I would hate to loose access to it, as although I do have a vet, they are not terribly goat savvy!

Kelly :)

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks for that info. Like you i dont have a goat saavy vet. He is a very nice guy and gets info for me. But still wants to do an exam and farm call for every bo-se shot, and will only sell it by the syringe. Wont sell lut period, and therefore i have a doe who was really too small to kid looking like she is going to kid any day. My buck somehow got out and i dont know how, he has never done it again. I think she will br ok she weighs about sixty lbs but its going to be a tough one and im drying her off soon after she kids.
    beth

14. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I registered too..my vet can do emergency surgery, but that's about it. And he charges about $80.00 to give CDT or BoSe! I will be using this site a lot, I think.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Teresa,

Have you heard anything from the company yet regarding your order?

Some of the prices are VERY reasonable, and some are a bit more then they typically would be, even for the vet price.

Please let me know if/when you receive your order, as I have an order that I would like to turn in also!

Thanks
    Allison

16. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i have been approved but haven't ordered anything yet

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am very lucky I have a Vet supply place two blocks from where I work. It is already better prices then I could get anywhere on line, plus they give me a discount because I am a 4H leader, and I do not have to pay to have it shipped to me. If they do not have it in stock they they get it the next day for me.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Lori -

Can you get the BoSe and the other RX medications through there?? That would sure be nice if we had something like that here!!!

Allison

19. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

No kidding. I was lucky enough to have a vet sell me a bottle of Bo-Se when i was living in oregon. But now im back in washington and i dont know where im going to go. My vet charges seven dollars a syringe for it, and has to come out and see the goat himself. And even then i dont know if he will sell it to me. He will only after he determines whether or not the goat needs it.
    beth

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    See, that is why this site is going to be so helpful!!! :)

It is great to have a vet that KNOWS goats, and knows how much research and time we put into these critters. When I had to get BoSe for the twins, thank goodness the vet was very pationate, and gave me the meds without coming to the ranch and only charged me $5.00 for 3 - .10 syringes for the babies. But still - that was a portion of buying a whole bottle and I barely took any!

But it is a little easier for me because I have the vet background from working in the clinics, so they tend to listen to me a little bit more. I am also having this other vet out on Friday to check my mare and the colt, so then she will get to me know me better, and what I have going on up there!