Need a farm name

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mistyblue, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    Ok now it seems as I am getting into registered goats I will need a herd/farm name. I have one but do not think it will work as it was perfect for when I bred/showed Texas Longhorns.
    It is Lazy J Longhorns, I would like to try to keep the Lazy J part of the name, but farms, acres, and ranch have all been taken.

I do not seem to have a good enough imagination to think of anything cute/workable to go with Lazy J, so some help would be appreciated of all possible.

Also, for AGS do I have to tattoo my goats?

2. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    What bred of goats do you have ?

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    How about LA-ZYJ

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Mine is minis. LOL Sweet Gum Minis but Sweet Gum was taken so I had to use SGM.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    How about just Lazy J or LazyJGoats .... I think just Lazy J would be really neat! And yes, you have to tattoo your goats for AGS and ADGA.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can you give us a bit of information about the area that you live, such as "beautiful sunsets", "stream", things like that. Also breeds and size of your farm and your ultimate goal for your farm. These might spark some ideas for ya :thumb:

7. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I have Nigerian Dwarf's and LaMancha's, I will be breeding these two. I will be eventually selling milk for bottle babies, pets, and for meat. Possibly showing much later down the road.

Hmmm, as for descriptions of my area, I am on the gulf coast. The only thing I can think of as a property description is that we have alot of trees. We have Pines, Oaks, White Oak, and Pecan.

I could go with just LazyJ that actually does not sound bad.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Lazy J does sound good....and it's short enough so that you have enough to play with the kids names, most registries only give you so many letters and spces for naming goaties.

Mine, Dollys Acre, was inspired by the memory of my deceased pygmy...my tattoo with both registries is DAH, And I have enough room to name kids.

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Ours is Pine Pod Farm, the Pine=surrounded by pine trees, Pod= what my brother calls our home, our basement was our earth home but we had to add a 2nd story on because of condensation.

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I would stick with the lazy K if its not already taken. Or you could alter the spelling and put L'Z-J or something. Remember that a goats registered name can only have thirty charecters. This includes everything including spaces. The shorter your herd name the more you can play with the goats actual name.
    beth

11. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I like Lazy J or any of the appreviations suggested! :wink: Let us know what you decide!!

12. mistyblue

mistyblue Senior Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Angleton, Texas
    I do beleive I will stick with just Lazy J as I did not even think about registeration space for names. I would rather have more room available to play with names.